Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Audi A3 quattro - Can you enable ACC?

Verified VCDS User Mattias Ekström's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2018 Audi A3 quattro - Can you enable ACC?

I have a car with the front radar sensor but ACC is not enabled. Can you enable this in VCDS?

my car looks exactly like this. I believe all the hardware is already there. Please help.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    not without an auto-scan to see what components your vehicle actually does have.

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    See below on how to post an autoscan.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
    not without an auto-scan to see what components your vehicle actually does have.
    ok sorry, I actually don't have my car yet as I pick it up in 2 weeks.

But generally speaking can this be done via software if I already have the front radar sensor?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Ekström View Post
    But generally speaking can this be done via software if I already have the front radar sensor?
    I am skeptical. I suspect this is one of those features that VW/Audi considers "Software as a Product". They do that now even for normal (not Adaptive) cruise in Europe.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

8. Likes downtime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I am skeptical. I suspect this is one of those features that VW/Audi considers "Software as a Product". They do that now even for normal (not Adaptive) cruise in Europe.

-Uwe-
    Does anyone know for sure?? I believe there is an ACC module somewhere in VCDS but I can't find any information on this. I figured this would be the best place to find out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sure, VCDS can talk to the radar/ACC module. Take a look at address 13 in this scan for example.

But that doesn't tell us whether ACC functionality can be enabled. ACC functionality isn't just in the radar module; it also requires cooperation from other modules such as the ECU and the ABS brakes (at an absolute minimum).

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

11. Likes downtime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Sure, VCDS can talk to the radar/ACC module. Take a look at address 13 in this scan for example.

But that doesn't tell us whether ACC functionality can be enabled. ACC functionality isn't just in the radar module; it also requires cooperation from other modules such as the ECU and the ABS brakes (at an absolute minimum).

-Uwe-
    Thanks. I will definitely run a scan and post it once I get my car in just over a week.

That being said I am dying to find out if I can turn this on.

Here is my exact car (below) It says it has the following features. Has anyone done this on a new A3 or know if it can be done?

- ABS w/ Brake Assist
    - Audi pre sense basic (preventative occupant protection)
    - Audi pre sense front (low speed collision assist)

https://imgur.com/a/8TQBBt4

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    For sure, not possible to enable with VCDS. Like Uwe already mentioned, it’s a SWaP function which unfortunately you cannot buy separately. So no way to enable ACC with VCDS and no way to enable it afterwards by any normal way.

Oh and you would need a need stalk set as well because you don’t have CC stalk with distance setting.

14. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    For sure, not possible to enable with VCDS. Like Uwe already mentioned, it’s a SWaP function which unfortunately you cannot buy separately. So no way to enable ACC with VCDS and no way to enable it afterwards by any normal way.

Oh and you would need a need stalk set as well because you don’t have CC stalk with distance setting.
    So there is no possible way to enable this on my car in any way shape or form? just not possible? I get that you would need a new stalk.

Does anyone have access to buy this SwAP function? I just find this hard to believe as the car comes with all the hardware (minus the stalk)