Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra symbols after "Labels:"

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would appear that Henrick has hijacked the original thread which was started to ask about "Extra symbols after "Labels:" " with an explanation as to why registering an interface is not a good idea for himself. Nothing to do with the original poster or his question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah you're right, I got lost in the greys Nevermind then.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    You could post an autoscan
    Too lazy to do it right now but quite recent scan is there:
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...s-When-if-ever

I guess it's enough to verify I have ligitimate thing; really can't understand insisiting on registering/verifying.

Appologies for thread hijack, will not post off-topic anymore. Sorry about that.

PS: my Labels/User folder contains over 180 self translated/corrected/improved labels. Dropped a line to Support some years back with an offer to include then in the release but got only a response to register. Well, to me it's fine if they reside under /User

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrick View Post
    In that case it will cost $100 for the next owner to get support. So think this as a non-registered interface potentially can increase its resale value by $100.
    I have been thinking for some time that the ability to register an interface needs a cut-off date. With our current interfaces, registering in a timely manner is mandatory and enforced by the software. But with the old ones, perhaps 5 years would be appropriate.

Also, there are more cases. E.g. me and my buddy have purchased the interface and shared the price by 50% each. So whom should we register it? When someone of us decides to pay another party some money for this, then it will be done under those person's name but before that it is like it is.
    In such a case, we would have no problem having both names in the record for that system.

LOL, where did you pull from that mine is not genuine. We bought it from Autotestas who were the official greedy retailers then in 2007 - 2008 (don't remember exactly).
    Form the fact that your status here was "Unverified" rather than "New User". But I have changed this now.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back to post #1. What was the secret about those extra symbols?
    Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by _Val View Post
    Back to post #1. What was the secret about those extra symbols?
    It tells is where there's coding information for that module. In the label file, in the ROD file, or in both.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes _Val liked this post