Debating Which Interface

wellshii19

Reaction score
Read through the the product choices and what not.

What's really the difference between the professional units and Hex-Net enthusiast.
My right side taillight assembly wasn't working and went through the various diagnostics,came to find resetting the battery fixed it.
Pretty sure it's that Control Module since other times the cars does weird things(flashers coming on by themselves,tpms light flashing with other dash lights).
Had this car for 4 years now and I obviously need a proper scan tool/system.
Pretty hard core DIY'er so I will be utilizing this tool .
Also can we dyno tune with this software? All my local tuners need software and I cant seem to find any .
Thanks guys!

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Read through the the product choices and what not.

What's really the difference between the professional units and Hex-Net enthusiast.

In terms of diagnostic analysis? Nothing. The difference between the HEX-NET Pro and the HEX-NET Enthusiast is the number of cars on which one can work. The Enthusiast products are limited by VIN number on the number of cars on which one can work. The Pro is not.

My right side taillight assembly wasn't working and went through the various diagnostics,came to find resetting the battery fixed it.
Pretty sure it's that Control Module since other times the cars does weird things(flashers coming on by themselves,tpms light flashing with other dash lights).
Had this car for 4 years now and I obviously need a proper scan tool/system.
Pretty hard core DIY'er so I will be utilizing this tool .
Also can we dyno tune with this software? All my local tuners need software and I cant seem to find any .
Thanks guys!

No, VCDS is a diagnostic tool - not a tuning tool. You cannot modify the performance of the control algorithm for the engine or tranny using VCDS.

wellshii19

Reaction score
Ok thank you for the reply. But I will be able to code when changing modules correct?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Ok thank you for the reply. But I will be able to code when changing modules correct?
You can make coding changes and adaptation channel changes, provided the module firmware (written by VAG) allows them and/or believes them to be valid.

BTW you can purchase updates from the VIN limited Enthusiast versions to unlimited Pro versions later.

wellshii19

Reaction score
So that's yes?lol. Sorry I am new to the software.
Gonna order it right now.

wellshii19

Reaction score
And the difference between the two enthusiast interfaces?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Which two? Are you asking the difference between the HEX-V2 and HEX-NET?

The V2 is a wired USB only device for Windows PC.

The HEX-NET is a wired or wireless - both included - for Windows PC and for any device that has Wifi and a web browser.

Or was your question that you wanted to know if all support the same functions? Was that it?

Well since all products run VCDS the software, then yes, the same software will do the same things on the different connections.

The HEX-NET in addition to running VCDS also runs VCDS-Mobile - the software for the wifi/browser connection.

Back