VCDS questions, can it help with my problem ?

LouizzBR

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Luiz and I live in Brasil, recently bought a VW POLO 9N 2010/2011 equiped with Automated Shift Gearbox (ASG), in Brazil it's called I-MOTION.

got the car 15 days ago and i'm having issues with ASG transmission. After some minutes stopped at traffic light, the ASG don't go to first gear, if I turn off the car and wait some minutes, it works normally.

When looking on how to repair the problem, checked that are somes procedures that needs to be done directly by the ASG module after and during repairing the ASG robot, like:

- GEAR LEARNING (GRID SELF)
- KISS POINT CALIBRATION
- NEUTRAL POSITION LEARNING
- DEPRESSURIZATION
- AND SOME OTHERS...

Started looking for a tool to help me with all this and found the VCDS tool, which from what I've read it's capable of that.

I'm reading a lot and looking for a bunch of videos on youtube about VCDS.

With all that explanation about my problem and my research, these are my questions about VCDS properly.

My ASG module code is 6QE 927 735, I've read about measuring blocks and basic settings, also read about label files.

Downloaded VCDS latest version and installed it to check if there's a label file to my part number, checked it and haven't found a label file for my module.

Since there's no label file for my module, as I read, there will be no indication about what data will be presented in each block in measuring blocks screen, nor which channel should I use to do a specific procedure in basic settings screen.

There's any way to know that (the channel for each procedure)? or I'll need to try each channel and hope for the best? obtaining this kind of technical literature from the factory in Brazil is almost impossible (and I'm not sure if it even exists).

There's a button on measuring blocks screen to go to basic settings on that specific channel, what is the correlation between a channel in measuring block and same channel in basic settings ?, there's any logic in that part or am I understanding it all wrong? example: If I go to measuring blocks and it shows the pressure on the ASG system, will the basic settings on this channel probably execute a procedure about the pressure on the system?

My fear is that if I start running thru the channels in basic settings, the module execute a procedure that should not be executed.

At VCDS web-site havent found a reseller in Brazil, but found a webpage in Brazil that says they sell original interfaces from ross-tech, there's any way to check that (if they're really original parts)?

Thanks in Advance
Luiz

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
First step is to post an Auto-Scan made with VCDS here - see my signature for a "How To" link.

That will give us information to help you and tell if you have an original interface.

LouizzBR

Reaction score
Hi PetrolDave.

I don't have a interface yet, before I start buying things I'm trying to figure out if I'll be able to do what I need.

This web site from Brasil says that they sell original ones http://www.vag-com-portugues.com/index-BR.html

Since I haven't seen this web site at the reseller list in vcds site, I'm not sure if they are really original ones.

The reason I'm questioning these specific questions about the vcds functioning is that a original cable from ross tech costs $300, when entering Brasil I need to pay the taxes, in this case 60%

It'll give me the total cost of $480, which is a considerable amount of money considering minimum wage at Brasil (approximately $280).

This is why I'm trying to be sure I'll be able to do all things with vcds software.

I can simply give my car to the mechanic, but as I said before, there's no much literature about that kind of transmission, and the mechanics here work swapping parts almost time.

I really prefer to do things on my car myself, at least I'll be sure on how the repair will be done.

Thanks Luis

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm not finding anything specific to this transmission in VCDS, and doing an internet search for "6QE 927 735" comes up with nothing but Portuguese from Brazil. This makes me wonder whether the transmission is specific to the Brazillian market?

Anyway, I'm reasonably confident is capable of doing the calibrations, the question is whether anyone actually knows how.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423

LouizzBR

Reaction score
I'm not finding anything specific to this transmission in VCDS, and doing an internet search for "6QE 927 735" comes up with nothing but Portuguese from Brazil. This makes me wonder whether the transmission is specific to the Brazillian market?

Anyway, I'm reasonably confident is capable of doing the calibrations, the question is whether anyone actually knows how.

-Uwe-

Hello Uwe,

Thanks for the reply, based on what I saw about VCDS software, I'm also confident that it'll be able to do what I need.

This is my biggest question, we are talking about a module that possibly only exists in Brasil or maybe South America market, since I'll be probably be the first one to try that calibrations using VCDS, also considering that these are undocumented processes and no "software" literature at all (I found some literature but only about the mechanical part), I'm trying to figure how can I do that.

I'm not sure if there's a way to be sure that executing a specific basic settings channel will give me expected behavior, there's a way to ensure that?, Do you know if there's a way to examine the module software to get this information ? Or, since I'll be the first one to try that, it'll be a try/error proccess.

Genuine Ross-Tech cables to use with VCDS can be purchased from any of their distributors http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php but sadly there doesn't appear to be one in Brazil in that list.

PetroDave,

This is exactly what I saw, since there's no reseller in Brazil, I'm afraid of buying a interface that is not original and got no support at all.

Thanks,
Luiz

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

_Val

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=356659
6QE927735 is ECU for 5-speed automatic gearbox. Specific to Brasil and Mexico markets.
Polo 2007-2012
Polo Sedan 2007-2015

davidL

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for information or the set of labels for the module "5Z0 927 735 A" that belongs to the automated box ASG or I-motion (MARELLI C348V SQ200).... or if there is any procedure to make the adaptation of the clutch . Thanks for the help

tareeko

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=403723
hi i have audi q5 i chinge duall clutch and mecatronic when i make basic sitting says request out of range. Can someone help me with this issue?or service not supported in active session .

Back