Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi B5 S4 2001.5 - ABS module coding

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    NostraJackAss Has Spoken!
    Part No: 8D0 907 389 E <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< < <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< NEIN!

Nein repair kit!
    8E0-614-111AT Nein E! You have ESP
    "1AT"

I think you're looking at the wrong thing...

* The E-suffixed hydraulic+control complete assembly 8E0 614 111 E (which would indeed be wrong, current part is 8E0 614 111 AT with older superseded variants as I laid out earlier).

* The E-suffixed control unit 8D0 907 389 E (which is what's in the scan, and probably okay for his ESP car, but see below)

Normally PL24 tells you exactly which components belong, by PR code, but PL24 makes a total hash of representing which equipment is right for OP's car. I had to dig around a bit when I was looking earlier. Looks like maybe ETKA does better.

In retrospect, OP's comments about the hydraulics and electronics being physically separated in a mid-year change does illuminate the situation a bit. No "repair kit" for the 8E0 614 111 AT assembly now makes more sense, since it's now a fully separate module.

That said, PL24 makes it very unclear which of the three listed ESP control modules are definitely correct. All three are listed under 927-000-15 for the physically separated control module instead of (1) for the repair kit, PL24 grays out none of the invalid matches as it should, none of them list PR codes, and the two with VIN splits don't match his VIN characters.

I saw no compelling evidence that 8D0 907 389 E is wrong, other than no match on the VIN split, and apparently it's what his car and at least one more came with. If no match on the VIN split is meaningful here, it's possible he needs 4B0 907 389 instead of what he's got. Perhaps you could look to see what ETKA says?

Last edited by jyoung8607; 07-18-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    Silence gives consent.

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP states.........
    I purchased another ABS control module

Yes Jason indeed you are correct but both of you ref you are showing is for the ABS pump/controller in your picture or wording not the actual ESP controller...........until now you are...

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...l=1#post135146

The ABS controller and ESP module are two separate modules.........

FYI based on VIN break the A is the correct ESP module not the E

8D0-907-389A

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

Double FOD!

Excuse me?

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 07-18-2018 at 04:24 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    OP states.........

Yes Jason indeed you are correct but both of you ref you are showing the ABS pump/controller in your picture or wording not the actual ESP controller...........

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...l=1#post135146

The ABS controller and ESP module are two separate modules.........
    I wasn't aware that they were physically separated on this model-year (or any other Bosch 5.3) so that was educational. Rest of it still stands though, whether the electronics-to-hydraulics distance is 1.5 meters or 0.0 meters. Need to make sure they're both a compatible match and correct for the car.
    Silence gives consent.

5. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    X is before Y if I remember correctly.......
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    X is before Y if I remember correctly.......
    True, but neither "X" nor "Y" are a "1":

WAURD68D01A125434

So neither >>8D-X-400000 nor >>8D-Y-000001 match, unless my education is incomplete in the matter of interpreting mid-year VIN splits, which is certainly possible. Feel free to educate me.
    Silence gives consent.

8. Likes Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, but neither "X" nor "Y" are a "1":

WAURD68D01A125434

So neither >>8D-X-400000 and >>8D-Y-000001 match, unless my education is incomplete in the matter of interpreting VIN splits, which I am certainly willing to discuss.

Dam I need reading glasses.............that's it, it's time........

You're okay Jason

10. Likes Eric liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies for the misnomers, here are the pics:

Both controllers (?), the one plugged in is the original and the other is the recently purchased one.

Hydraulic unit
    Last edited by rubirock; 07-18-2018 at 04:55 PM. Reason: still confused

Post Thanks / Like
    Dam I need reading glasses.............that's it, it's time........

You're okay Jason
    On further reflection, that X/Y may be their only way to express a mid-year split where they restarted the VIN numbers from zero. That "1" reflects the model year, so they obviously can't change that part mid-year. So you might be onto something with that X before Y.

I seriously hate all mid-year facelifts and VIN splits.
    Silence gives consent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rubirock View Post
    Thanks! 8E0 614 111 T is definitely valid for your car.

Quote Originally Posted by rubirock View Post
    so if I'm reading the above correctly, I should be replacing the smaller ESP controller-module-thingy (technical term) instead of the ABS controller....AND FODing
    I think (Jack, feel free to jump in) we've concluded that 8D0 907 389 E is valid for your car as well. But seriously, screw VIN splits.

I'll reply to the rest of your earlier questions later tonight.
    Silence gives consent.

14. Likes rubirock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by rubirock

Thanks! 8E0 614 111 T is definitely valid for your car.

Originally Posted by rubirock
    so if I'm reading the above correctly, I should be replacing the smaller ESP controller-module-thingy (technical term) instead of the ABS controller....AND FODing

I think (Jack, feel free to jump in) we've concluded that 8D0 907 389 E is valid for your car as well. But seriously, screw VIN splits.

I'll reply to the rest of your earlier questions later tonight.

FUN STUFF HUH?

X = >1999
    Y = >2000
    01 = >2001

Everything says to me because 2.7T APB I would be looking at the 4B0-907-389 but maybe we should go check other 2001 auto-scan's on the web & because data on the Etka and the Link are kind of shitty in this quadrant.

We should be investigating the virtual further......... start finding scans guys.

Be back later........