Installation List

Wayne P

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325377
Hello
I have been adding and removing a few items during retrofits but I have issues with the Installation List. Is there a way to add modules to an installation list? When I go to the list and want to add module 5F for example it is not in the list, so I can't tick the box obviously BUT if I use the Go To function then I can go to 5F and edit long coding etc. The other issue is that if I do an Auto Scan then 5F won't come up. The other thing is if I want to remove an item for example Navigation or a Radio which is no longer be used when I change the radio, unticking the box in the installation list seems to create errors for those modules rather than removing it from the list. It seems different can bus units have different Installation list which seems logical, sedans have 4 doors, coupes have 2 etc. but I have a voltage regulator as all cars but try to add that to the Installation list and issues arise so is there a way to "code' a module into the Installation List with VCDS

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
Your canbus gateway doesn't support the newer 5F address.
What car is it going in?
You can upgrade to a 7N0 gateway that will allow you to autoscan for 5F and other newer addresses but if it's in a B6 Passat for example you will then run into problems with your ELV (steering column lock) which leads to updating the CCM to the B7 version which leads to having to modify the ELV wiring etc etc....

So just because you can't access a retrofitted 5F in an autoscan in and of itself is not normally an issue. The infotainment will still work and can still see commands on the infotainment bus for reverse (audio lowering) steering wheel controls etc.

Installation list you can leave 56 radio and 47 nav enabled, along with 77 telephone so that you get all the MFD screens for those functions.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
[Select]
[19-CAN Gateway]
[Installation List]

This will show you a list of all the addresses that Gateway supports. If an address isn't on that list, your Gateway doesn't support it.

-Uwe-

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Your canbus gateway doesn't support the newer 5F address.

I agree tho this.

What car is it going in?

Given the other topic, I'd say a Beetle 5C.

You can upgrade to a 7N0 gateway that will allow you to autoscan for 5F and other newer addresses but if it's in a B6 Passat for example you will then run into problems with your ELV (steering column lock) which leads to updating the CCM to the B7 version which leads to having to modify the ELV wiring etc etc....

So just because you can't access a retrofitted 5F in an autoscan in and of itself is not normally an issue. The infotainment will still work and can still see commands on the infotainment bus for reverse (audio lowering) steering wheel controls etc.

Installation list you can leave 56 radio and 47 nav enabled, along with 77 telephone so that you get all the MFD screens for those functions.

Here I'll start disagreeing. The 7N (PQ35) gateway will not work in the Beetle (PQ25).
Furthermore, leaving radio and navigation enabled will probably not make a difference, since the 5F can't communicate with the rest of the car.

As discussed in the other topic, installing a 7E0 BCM is likely to be the solution but will require some work in re-wiring the external gateway to internal and learning kessy keys.

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
Furthermore, leaving radio and navigation enabled will probably not make a difference, since the 5F can't communicate with the rest of the car.
for pq25 i don't know but since i have done a retrofit Discover Media PQ in passat 6, golf 5/6 and it communicates with car even cluster via BAP protocol even if the gateway is old and doesn't support 5F address just leaving 56 radio and 37 navigation enabled, along with 77 telephone everything communicates without issues, tested.

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
for pq25 i don't know but since i have done a retrofit Discover Media PQ in passat 6, golf 5/6 and it communicates with car even cluster via BAP protocol even if the gateway is old and doesn't support 5F address just leaving 56 radio and 37 navigation enabled, along with 77 telephone everything communicates without issues, tested.

That has been my experience also with PQ35/36/45/46 however I have not installed a DM in a PQ25 personally. Don't see how it would be any different though?

Back