01 - Engine Rejects Coding - Security Access Needed?

Nicoleise

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208110
Hi guys,

Long time no see. :)
I was looking at some faults (broken speaker, CEL, mirror heating) on my Passat 3C 2008 and once again praised the VCDS gods for the convinience of this tool, like for being able to test individual speakers! :) One thing puzzled me though; my 01 Engine controller has two bits, that are incorrect. The vehicle shape is set to "Sedan" rather than "Avant/Wagon", and I think this is the cause of my instrument cluster displaying a sedan style graphic for open doors. It's done this all the time I've had the car, and I doubt it was rebuild from a sedan to a variant. :D The OPS, etc. all display a Passat Variant as it should.

The other troublesome bit is "Trailer Hitch Installed". My car has an OEM detachable, but not electrically operated, trailer hitch, which was installed by a VW dealer when I bought the car second hand. Again; the setting is set correctly in every control unit (including those I've retrofitted like park assist) and as such disables rear parking sensors and displays a trailer on the graphic, etc. but not in the engine control module. I don't know if it's needed since the car is M/T and doesn't have any gear shift advisory function, so I don't really see why the engine would need to know - but I assume there's some point to having the setting?

If I try to change either of these, I get Coding Rejected: 31 - Out of range. Does that mean I need security codes for these purposes? If so, are they known to you, and/or do you need further information?

I forgot to save an auto scan, so let me know if you need one?

Thanks,
Nicolai

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, an Auto-Scan would be appropriate for context here.

If you've done on, it was auto-saved to your Scans sub-folder. Have a look there.

-Uwe-

Back