Programming steering module 2004 toureg!

Ontiveros Oscar

Reaction score
I'm planning get a enthusiast plan, but I need to know if I will can program the steering module of 2004 be toureg? Please someone let me know if will be possible to do it. I have already other used lock module. Thank you in advance

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What do you mean by "steering module"?

The steering column lock? Or something else?

-Uwe-

Ontiveros Oscar

Reaction score
I'm sorry Uwe, I mean steering column lock. Thank you for your time... any support or guidance will be awesome

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I think it's possible on this vehicle if you have the vehicle's security ("PIN") code, but VCDS cannot provide that.

-Uwe-

Ontiveros Oscar

Reaction score
I think it's possible on this vehicle if you have the vehicle's security ("PIN") code, but VCDS cannot provide that.

-Uwe-
Thanks again Uwe.! Do you know how can I get the PIN ? What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I noticed you wrote the replacement is Used (not new). Used ESCLs cannot be matched.

I believe that lock is only sold with the entire steering column but feel free to ping the local VW dealer to make sure I'm not confusing this Immo with another system.

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
I noticed you wrote the replacement is Used (not new). Used ESCLs cannot be matched.

I believe that lock is only sold with the entire steering column but feel free to ping the local VW dealer to make sure I'm not confusing this Immo with another system.
You are correct Dana, electronic lock can not be buy separate , it is part of the whole Steering column assembly.
And Correct ,used one can not be programed , only NEW.

Ontiveros Oscar

Reaction score
You are correct Dana, electronic lock can not be buy separate , it is part of the whole Steering column assembly.
And Correct ,used one can not be programed , only NEW.

Thank you all for all the support and info! I'm starting to love this forum... Ok! Just to be sure!
1- I need to get the pin . Does call security PIN?
2- I need to get a new steering column assembly. Are you 100% sure that is not possible reprogramming a used one?
3- Obviously get the software from ross-tech

Ontiveros Oscar

Reaction score
And I was thinking in another option, pleas let me know if its possible to do it !
I get the used steering column assembly from a crashed car, so I can get more parts from there, obviously paying more money, but less than the cost from on the dealer. What other modules or parts I will need to get my car to star? Computer, ignition switch...?

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Yes 100% Used Steering lock module can not be programed .
If you want to get immobilizer parts form donor car, you need to chnage steering column, Kessy module ,ECU, CCM module and keys. But in this case VIN will be different and other modules may complain abut that, Plus if you have Emissions in your State you will not be bale to pass it bacuse it will read different VIN.

To get SKC you need to have different tool then VCDS , UWE explain it to you in Post#6.

Reactions: Uwe

Ontiveros Oscar

Reaction score
Thank you for all the info, I have a question, what is te CCM module an where are the location of this module on my car? And where can I find the ECU on my Touareg? Thank you in advance!

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
If you put mouse at your or my post where CCM is high light you will see what is it.

For location of modules you need to use erWin online

Reactions: Uwe
Back