Thread: Non Widows user

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Non Widows user

Just to be sure I'm reading this all correctly. Being that the PC software is windows only, and that I can't find anything leading me to believe it will function in a emulator or virtual machine. And that ross-tech plainly states that Linux won't be supported, I'll not comment that it shouldn't be too hard to do.

And I'm not going to boot windows.

If I buy the Hex-net. Is it fully supported by a Wifi device with a browser such as Chrome? I'm a little confused by terminology "VCDS-Mobile". Since it claims it's not an app is VCDS-Mobile build into the Hex-net?

I do understand VCDS-Mobile is beta.

Thanks
    Cory

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes, VCDS-Mobile is built into the HEX-NET. Some of the functionality is local in the HEX-NET and some is on our server. VCDS-Mobile can be accessed using most modern browsers, including Chrome.

In principle, it is possible to use it without ever touching a Windows PC, but whether that's possible in practice is questionable. So if you have a religious aversion to using Windows, we would recommend against buying it.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Dana, Eric liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    So if you have a religious aversion to using Windows, we would recommend against buying it.

-Uwe-
    Thanks for the honest answer. More like a moral aversion to supporting Microsoft.

Thanks
    Cory