Non Widows user

clytle374

Reaction score
Just to be sure I'm reading this all correctly. Being that the PC software is windows only, and that I can't find anything leading me to believe it will function in a emulator or virtual machine. And that ross-tech plainly states that Linux won't be supported, I'll not comment that it shouldn't be too hard to do.

And I'm not going to boot windows.

If I buy the Hex-net. Is it fully supported by a Wifi device with a browser such as Chrome? I'm a little confused by terminology "VCDS-Mobile". Since it claims it's not an app is VCDS-Mobile build into the Hex-net?

I do understand VCDS-Mobile is beta.

Thanks
Cory

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, VCDS-Mobile is built into the HEX-NET. Some of the functionality is local in the HEX-NET and some is on our server. VCDS-Mobile can be accessed using most modern browsers, including Chrome.

In principle, it is possible to use it without ever touching a Windows PC, but whether that's possible in practice is questionable. So if you have a religious aversion to using Windows, we would recommend against buying it.

-Uwe-

clytle374

Reaction score
So if you have a religious aversion to using Windows, we would recommend against buying it.

-Uwe-

Thanks for the honest answer. More like a moral aversion to supporting Microsoft.

Thanks
Cory

Back