No communication with Instr. Cluster; updated firmware but VCDS says update needed

Gerard58

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=268519
Haven't used my Hex-Net for awhile, have moved since previous use (new WiFi system) and I'm having difficulty w VCDS communicating with Instrument Cluster. I am using Access Point mode with HexNet connected to laptop via USB. (I have screen shots of messages but it looks like I can only post images from URL's to this site - so I will try to describe. Is there a way to post these screen shots directly to this thread?).

I have a personal use Hex-Net (10 cars), I updated to 18.2.1, I've updated my WiFi settings/pw on software (which shouldn't matter anyway as I am using Access Point mode). Lights on HexNet are all normal with ignition on but engine not started lights are solid green, solid yellow (AP mode) and flashing green.

With all lights "Go", when I attempt to perform SRI Reset I first get message: "Failure to communicate (0). Please use [Options], [Test] for further details."
This is followed by: "No response from instrument cluster."
When I execute Options, Test I get messages that a firmware update is needed and also "CAN: No Power, No Power" - all other messages look ok.
When I press OK the VCDS Interface Config V2.242 opens and executes what I assume is an update and indicate "Done" the only message that sticks out as indicating a possible problem is "No rods found".
I then repeat the process of trying an SRI reset only to have the above repeat - including the indication that a firmware update is needed.

***Please note: I had similar problem once before when updating the VCDS software as RossTech was experiencing a glitch requiring xtra steps to fix for those of us who had HexNet with 10 car VIN limit. A VCDS tech had to correct. Could this be the case again??***

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did you check for updates with the computer connected to the Internet, or was it still connected via AP mode?

What are the current versions shown ?

eiwVML3.png

Back