Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.7t O2 and misfire DTC

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fuel PSI and volume tests can be observed in RTFB
    yeah, i know..... i ended up going to a site that someone (likely you) mentioned a while back and paid $35 or something for 24hr access and basically pulled down the whole repo, but while going through the repair manual i didn't notice any testing stuff. i should get the bentley though.
    Last edited by topest_rex; 06-12-2018 at 07:12 PM.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sir .....
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    howdy yall. had to take a sabbatical due to work et. al., but i've gotten back to testing.

- injector spray pattern is good and produces a pretty cloud.
    - all new plugs
    - replaced #1 coil and no change
    - compression test == #1 ~ 155psi ; #2 ~ 165 ; #3 ~ 160 ; #4 ~ 130 ; #5 ~ 165 ; #6 ~ 95

Corollary:

can i do a wet compression test on #4 & #6 to see if rings are bad?

I also need to still test the leads and grounds
    Last edited by topest_rex; 06-25-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    also, i was wondering if you could direct me to the D22 (over fuse 234), in wiring harness, front. i have discovered a burnt heater wire on B1S1 which goes to that lead and i would like to replace with 18ga wire from advanced. so, i was figuring to just wire it in after the fuse.

besides that, all the leads to the OXS's are good down to the sensors themselves.
    Last edited by topest_rex; 06-25-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Change OXS sensors and post the WD for request aforementioned.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    will do. i was wondering, may i still take you up for the offer on the components?

also, what is your opinion on the compression values? should/could i do a wet test with a little bit of oil to see if it seals the rings to either implicate them or not for the low pressure?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by topest_rex View Post
    howdy yall. had to take a sabbatical due to work et. al., but i've gotten back to testing.

- injector spray pattern is good and produces a pretty cloud.
    - all new plugs
    - replaced #1 coil and no change
    - compression test == #1 ~ 155psi ; #2 ~ 165 ; #3 ~ 160 ; #4 ~ 130 ; #5 ~ 165 ; #6 ~ 95

Corollary:

can i do a wet compression test on #4 & #6 to see if rings are bad?

I also need to still test the leads and grounds

topest_rex Regardless of wash down or what ever, #6 does not technically have enough for a fire event, IMO. Could oil it some and see if it looks like rings or not.

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    will do. i was wondering, may i still take you up for the offer on the components?

also, what is your opinion on the compression values? should/could i do a wet test with a little bit of oil to see if it seals the rings to either implicate them or not for the low pressure?

YES to both and fuel from misfire has probably washed the rings, so yeah coat them with oil and see if you can get them back.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've just did a wet test on the #6 cylinder and have gained another 20psi. so, i would assume that the ring has washed out leading to low pressure

the D22 connector over fuse 234 is what i'm looking to tap into with a new wire.
    Last edited by topest_rex; 06-27-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Soak the zylinder with KANO "kreen" then light oil like marvel mystery oil.

Get a handle on the wiring and let me know if I can help