2.7t O2 and misfire DTC

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yeah seems like D23 is getting drowned out by either FP at fuse S228 or a coil is weird but check that fuse S229

Bifurcate everything and see if voltage improves at bus because it has to be going someplace!

topest_rex

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=278787
dually noted.

i've just checked timing and all marks line up as they should.

luckily, i'm pretty sure that i can isolate the EFI and ignition by removing fuses to ancillary components.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Let us get full accoutrement attenuation removal of those ancillary components sir! :rolleyes:

"AARAC" The new acronym of insurance for us old people!

topest_rex

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=278787
hahahaha. i love the acronym. i'm going to borrow that.

i got your email btw. :D

i'm waiting for the charger to finish trickling into the battery overnight. i've also gone back through wiring for non-load resistance for ignition and i've found no faults. i've also pulled fuses from the accoutrement and i need to check the fuses for resistance, along with using the isolated circuits to find the voltage discrepancy. the pulled fuses 228 and 234 will isolate the FP relay to only the ignition circuit. if that goes well, then i will isolate the ignition and the OSX's and leak detection pump followed by further isolation of the latter two, OR to the ignition and fuel pump.

i will also check activation of FP relay. furthermore, i know that i should be getting 0ohm through fuel pump. which i have already verified.

fingers crossed. ouch, cramp. lol

topest_rex

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=278787
pqjAS2u.jpg

GE8qTXt.jpg

jLpiBsi.jpg

So, as of now which is 350mi from the following repairs:

- new ECM from Jack.
- new OXS's from Jack.
- new MAF sensor from Jack.
- new Beru POS
- new Bosch FPR
- new NGK iridium plugs
- injector servicing, volume test, and wiring check.
- rewire coil and POS grounds with 12ga shrink tubed and soldered from conn clip
to conn clip.
- at about 100mi after initial repair program the CEL came on with p1606, p0431, p0421. after unhooking B+ for a bit i rewired 3-way CAT OXS heaters to ECU with 16ga, tubed and soldered. 250mi since then and no CEL.
- replacement muffler.

the voltage difference was mostly due an impropriety with rewiring POS's. fixed.

my next step is hopefully only the body work (was in an accident before my purchase), interior repair, leaky cam seal, Jack's suggestion on the cam adjuster filter, replace rear struts, vacuum tests, and change out SAE with Pentosin at 1000mi with a final compression test.

oh, and wtf with the info display? mine was all pixelated so i replaced with a chinese knockoff and bob's your uncle, the German HAL 9000 glaring at me with a furious red rectangle. i should've known better since there were only about 60% of the available traces compared to what was on the board and in the previous unit.

would anyone know where i might be able to purchase a viable OEM unit???

props to Jack for the parts and parts of wisdom, and to Uwe for the eBahn image.
yinz help was invaluable.

P.S. Jack, what're your view on using Kreen as recommended in the gas tank as well?? let a sleeping dog lie?

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
P.S. Jack, what're your view on using Kreen as recommended in the gas tank as well?? let a sleeping dog lie?

The Kreen is an amazing product but is not without its issues from my observation.

After being added to gas and oil, it is so good at cleaning stuff out, it makes its way to the combustion process and contaminates the plugs & which should be inspected, wire brushed and or replaced within the first 2500-5000 miles.

How come I don't see an additional ground strap from battery to the red loom wires coming through cal to head?

Here is an example of a harness I did last weekend on the Scirocco with a brand new harness I bifurcated the grounds.

This is to give people an idea of what I do now & that ground is yet to be added to ear here I ask you about, since this car has battery in trunk.

Work in progress.........

getPart

getPart

getPart

getPart

getPart

getPart

Last edited:

topest_rex

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=278787
note taken on the Kreen. i had read something of that sort on another forum about the stuff.

the red loom wires are right up to the ground strap at the base of the battery behind the firewall. i just soldered them to a C screw down connector underneath the nut which holds the ground strap to the body. i figured that was less clutter than making a ground bar to connect them to. i basically fed the reloom through the rubber plug along the generator/starter wires. i'll take a pic of them now.

now after saying that in my head. i wonder if inductive attenuation would be present in the grounds from the high current wires to the gen and starter. lol

topest_rex

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=278787
additionally, the p0431 and p0421 are back after about 300mi since the rewiring and the CEL turning off. i was intending on starting a new post for those though.

Back