0778 2006 Audi A6 vant Quattro 3.2

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I don't find it surprising at all that you can't calibrate the steering angle sensor when the ABS has a DTC indicating that it has no communications with that sensor. ;)

-Uwe-

porschetech

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=135483
Well, I took out the A8 steering control module which would not communicate with my ABS control unit but did allow my heated steering wheel to work, and re-installed the steering control module originally installed in my A6 which does communicate with my ABS unit although won't accept coding for the HSW. I am wondering why the A8 module doesn't communicate with my ABS unit. Could it be a matter of coding? It would seem all the modules must, at least, communicate with the ABS as all cars have that as std. equip. There is security for Steering but I don't know where to find it and VCDS doesn't provide it as it does for ABS. If this information is not available I'm just going to bite the bullet and get the module ETKA says is proper for A6 w/ HSW as per gupster's last comments.
Thanks for the help.
Kurt

porschetech

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=135483
I guess I must have overstayed my welcome on the forum. I apologize for taking so much of everyone's time. I found a "C" module and will install it to see if my retro works. I am considering posting a complete retro procedure if this does work OK. This may eliminate some issues others may encounter.

Back