Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HEX-NET losing comms

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make and model in 1st post, Panasonic CF-19 i5

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    What version of windows are you running?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liteace1 View Post
    Sorry, I dont understand the "mobile" part of it, where do I find it, Ive got vcds icon on desktop that opens up the normal program and thats it ?
    If you point a browser at the IP address of your HEX-NET, you will get VCDS-Mobile. If you're using your HEX-NET in AP mode (implied by "I don't use a router") then that address is 192.168.0.1.

Is it possible that Windows is disconnecting from the HEX-NET's AP and connecting to something else when this happens?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im using w7 32bit, no its not connecting to something else when this happens, it just loses coms, if it was dropping the connection to the hex-net and connecting to something else I'd get a message pop up from the taskbar, the Golf there was nothing else for the laptop to connect to as there was no wifi there, it was a workshop in the middle of no where

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the laptop connected via battery or plugged into wall?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos View Post
    Is the laptop connected via battery or plugged into wall?
    Battery, always

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    try plugging the laptop into the wall and see if the hex-net stays connected. If it does, Change your laptop power profile accordingly. Wifi sleep tends to be aggressive on power saving settings :

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/window...des-explained/

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The power plans have all be set so nothing sleeps when Im using it, the last thing I need is it having a little rest when its doing a PCM software update.
    Its only plugged in the wall at night to charge the battery if needed, as said Ive had it connected to wifi internet for hours before when downloading, updating software and always on battery power and never had a problem

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    What diagnostic functions are you trying to perform when this happens? Have you tried doing the same thing over USB to see if it also drops? This might not be a WIFI issue at all.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it when I 1st got it on a 2012 Polo with USB and it worked a treat, dead happy, the reason I didnt use the wifi is because I grabbed it out the box and didnt read anything.

I then set it up on the wifi, I used it on a old shit Seat ibiza and it lost coms, i thought it was the car so wasnt to worried, I then checked Engine MB's on a Golf with a running problem, it lost coms, I then checked fault codes and Mb's on another Golf, clicking up through the MB's, lost coms, hour glass appeared, it re-connected and carried one working then the same thing happend again.

I will try over the next few days with USB cable and see what happens, I'll also try and record the screen when it does happen

Thanks ALL for ALL your help and suggestions

12. Likes Uwe, Andy liked this post