3D Premium Cluster 10% overspeed

Afield23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321984
Yes originally these were petrol mph cluster but Spacewalker converted them to EU and diesel at my request. I need them as EU because unfortunately Caddy's only display one or the other on the analogue display. I guess the issue here is that Caddy's never had 3D clusters made for them?

Afield23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321984
Thanks for this - so you think it may be possible to fix this issue then? I do understand no liability and anything I attempt will be entirely down to me so rest assured I take full responsibility. I will check out those links and get my head around it all first.

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Well since you know spacewalker, you might ask him for advice or help with changing the EEPROM for the wheel diameter.
I don't think the purchase of the EEPROM programmer should be a gamebreaker, maybe he can assist you if you read the EEPROM yourself and he can modify it. Then you re-flash it.
That's probably a bit safer than following my advice ;-) He's an expert on this kind of stuff.

Afield23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321984
Replace line 000000A0 (Offset A0, line 160) from the new cluster with the same line from the old cluster. This is the wheel circumference.
Replacing line 00000060 will adjust the fuel tank characteristics.

Interestingly the wheel circumference in the new cluster is correct for what I have on the vehicle - I had already checked this. Does this mean I will need to try something else?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Read EEPROM put in service mode & since a valid key is displayed, then enter diagnostic session in 83 or 86 Mode perform adaption or manual editor of EEPROM and alter the tables, save and exit, be sure the PC "power class" is correct or spoofed properly & since playing gas to diesel.

Afield23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321984
Is there a specific software for reading and writing EEPROM?

Afield23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321984
Thanks for all your help everyone. I will study and try to understand how it all works!

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Yes originally these were petrol mph cluster but Spacewalker converted them to EU and diesel at my request. I need them as EU because unfortunately Caddy's only display one or the other on the analogue display. I guess the issue here is that Caddy's never had 3D clusters made for them?

Yes it has.

X- Means just that it is a replacement part from VW with corecharge.

Afield23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321984

Yes it has.

X- Means just that it is a replacement part from VW with corecharge.

Oh ok that's interesting - so the 3D cluster does exist? Does it matter that this is a mk4 Caddy? I believe the cluster is the same shape as the mk3.

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
I think both caddys are PQ35 with 5K0 based electronics so it shouldn't be a big issue.

Edit:
Apart from what I posted, I don't know much more.
Knowing spacewalker, he probably did a good job in adapting the EEPROM already.
I would probably ask him if he has any clue what to do. He's usually very helpful.

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Markets often trade on speculation, most of the time people that try to trade it, are also often wrong!

Afield23

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321984
Spacewalker pretty much told me to put up with it and speak to VW so I don't think he's willing to help unfortunately. Other than the speed error I love the cluster it's just frustrating to see the wrong speed when I'm driving.

Danilo78

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=216246
Well since you know spacewalker, you might ask him for advice or help with changing the EEPROM for the wheel diameter.
I don't think the purchase of the EEPROM programmer should be a gamebreaker, maybe he can assist you if you read the EEPROM yourself and he can modify it. Then you re-flash it.
That's probably a bit safer than following my advice ;-) He's an expert on this kind of stuff.
Hi Michel, can you help me here?
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...d-counter-on-Caddy-bifuel&p=206268#post206268

Back