Start stop- vcds "CAN NOT READY"- immobilization

kensue356

Reaction score
Please help us. Our 2006 Jetta TDI is down.

3 weeks ago, I replaced driver door harness with new correct harness. Then I got no door operations from drivers door, so the new harness was defective. This is when start stop problem started. No glow plug lights that should come on. The gold key/car icon came on, then off after trying to start. Radiator fan comes on super fast and always stays running.

Next I repaired the old harness and reinstalled it. All driver door functions work now, but the car still goes into start stop mode. I guess it went into immobilization.

Got a vdcs hex + can cable from AArodriguez (Malone Tuning) dealer. Got the latest version of VCDS hooked it up. When I tried to test the USB port the last line of the output said "CAN: Not Ready". When I tried to Auto Scan, all I got is "Function not supported by gateway. Tried the cable on a 2003 Jetta tdi (doesn't have CAN gateway) and and the Auto Scan worked. We sent the cable back.

We have been researching this VCDS problem everwhere to no avail. Was going to buy new hex cable from Ross Tech and Ewe Ross wrote:
"If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say your car's CAN gateway is out to
lunch. Have you that the Gateway is getting power as it should?

You can certainly order a HEX-V2 from is, but if you car's CAN gateway
isn't working, doing so won't get you any further than you already are."

So how do I find out if the gateway is getting power? The part number of the gateway is 1k0907530f. How can I replace the gateway without knowing the identifiers (PIN etc.) of the current gateway? Is there a fuse or relay to check?

Please help us to solve this. We cannot afford the stealarship prices. We got ripped of from them the last time for a clutch slave cylinder and unnessiary master brake cylinder. $$$$$ Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.
carguy is online now Report Post

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Fuse 12 on holder B (5 amps) will provide power to the gateway. It's in the engine compartment, near the left side headlight.

kensue356

Reaction score
Fuse 12 on holder B (5 amps) will provide power to the gateway. It's in the engine compartment, near the left side headlight.

There was not any 5 amp fuse in fuse #12 holder. I put one in and the car started. I have a check engine light on now. Since I sent back the Hex can cable, I cannot do a full vcds file on it. I will check it with my OBD 2, I hope I can get the code and solve that. Glow plugs comes on, Large radiator fan does not. Thank you cable guy. Hat's off to you. A mystery, I never had a fuse in #12. What's up with that?

Ken

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
How to check of a module gets power? Measure with a DVOM. ‘But where can i find that module and which wires do i measure?’; get an account at ERWIN where you can find all relevant documentation. :)

kensue356

Reaction score
The car starts up fine. Only seatbelt reminder stays on. Remotes do not work anymore. Should I still get a hex cable to restore them? No codes in simple OBD II.

Vag227

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=205536
Hello,

Yes best way is to post an autoscan and maybe relearn your remotes.

Best regards

John

Back