Thread: Trouble logging into vcds mobile

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Trouble logging into vcds mobile

I can't seem to log into vcds mobile on my phone or laptop. It says I have the wrong username. I'm pretty sure I set it up the same as I set it up for this forum. Please help, I only use this stuff when I need it which is not very often so I may tend to forget exactly how to use it. Also I can't get vcds to work, it says that I need a firmware update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Where exactly does it ask for a username?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you mean VCDS-Cloud - that's the only place a username is required.

In the Options -> Test screen on VCDS it will show you the IP address of the HEX-NET.
    Plug that into a browser (or use the app), while in infrastructure mode, login to VCDS Mobile, and update the firmware under Options -> Check for Updates.

2012 A8L 4.2 Oolong/Titanium. Premium, LED, Driver assist, Rear seat comfort, Dual pane, Alcantara, Panorama

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't seem to get my laptop to come up on anything but the vcds 14.8.1 but then tells me that I need a firmware update. My phone thru the app comes up but then tells me I have the wrong username.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I'll try when I get a chance.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so I try to use my device today it days I need a firmware update...

Trouble is it can only be done through vcds mobile, trouble with that is the default password of password does not work....?

Can anyone help, I need to reset my car, and have some cars to work on tomorrow and I have a device that technically is un usable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Did you change the password?

Check that your device/browser isn't auto-CAPITALIZING the first letter of your password.

If that isn't it, reset the password. Power up the HEX-NET, press and hold the button for 15 seconds. It should produce a very short beep when you release it.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRMTDI View Post
    Ok so I try to use my device today it days I need a firmware update...

Trouble is it can only be done through vcds mobile, trouble with that is the default password of password does not work....?
    Hey bud. Sorry to hear. I'm having issues with this latest update as well being unique to thr mobile interface (ser thread on update error) so I feel your pain. I don't have a whole lot to suggest other than did your default password somehow get changed?
    Hopefully a super mod will see both of our issues and be able to get us up and running again......

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will try that..hopefully I have some luck with it