EuroVan/T4 Climatronic Communication Errors

jackjtr

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=329798
Hi all,

I have a 2002 EuroVan that was previously VR6 powered, but is now fitted with a 1Z TDI out of a 1997 Passat. I haven't had any issues communicating with modules such as the Engine, ABS, Radio, but the connection with Climatronic seems to cut in and out while viewing Measuring Blocks. I can read faults without issue, but the blocks will cut in and out every couple of seconds, and the values will jump around. Not very helpful when diagnosing issues.

This seems to be more of a signal interference issue rather than a physical K-line connection fault. Anyone have any ideas? It was working fine with the VR6/automatic.

Thanks!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I would try disconnecting some of the other things that are also on the K-line to see if that helps. The ABS is a prime candidate, but in a case like this, with an ECU that really doesn't belong in this vehicle, I'd try that too.

-Uwe-

jackjtr

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=329798
Thanks Uwe. I'll give it a try.

I still need to dump the immobilizer, probably recode the ABS, and fix a myriad of other issues related to the VSS signal not getting to where it needs to go.

I wish I could recode the ECU to send the correct speed signal.

Thanks again!

Vag227

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=205536
Hello, from year 2000 , in Europe many T4 vans did also have can bus wiring. I don't know if it's in your car. Check wiring diagram if maybe your climate communicates on this can bus and maybe damaged somewhere in wiring loom.

Best regards

John

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
MY 2002 T4 definitely has CAN bus wiring between modules.

-Uwe-

Back