Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Can't connect with cloud to register w/ IPad

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did after posting my last reply. It appears that I am now connected to the cloud! The screen changed immediately after I tried to register without a space.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

This is my first time with a German car and with VW group communication software. I have used GM, some Asian and almost everything available for medium/heavy trucks. I look forward to the journey. I am all ears if you want to recommend any intro sites or links.

2. Likes jyoung8607, jakematic, Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So is the space/odd character problem a bug in the VCDS-Mobile software, the R-T servers, or the WiFi protocol?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary ryan View Post
    It appears that I am now connected to the cloud! The screen changed immediately after I tried to register without a space.
    Glad to hear it!

If you like, we can still try to figure out why your iPad auto-discovery won't work. It would be helpful to know the make/model of your wireless access point.

This is my first time with a German car and with VW group communication software. I have used GM, some Asian and almost everything available for medium/heavy trucks. I look forward to the journey. I am all ears if you want to recommend any intro sites or links.
    What sort of vehicles do you have? Most VW/Audi makes have enthusiast sites with good info, plus of course this site, and repair manuals from erWin or Bentley.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by romad View Post
    So is the space/odd character problem a bug in the VCDS-Mobile software, the R-T servers, or the WiFi protocol?
    It's got nothing to do with WiFi, really. It seems like something on the cloud back-end doesn't like spaces or special characters in usernames, but the sign-up page is allowing them through in error. I'm sure the RT folks will sort it out soon, but they're busy trying to get the Desktop beta out the door as well.

Jason

6. Likes Dana, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    2013 GTI with manual transmission. I have a few friends with A6s, a co worker with a Jetta sport wagon tdi with DSG. So far I have used a snapon Modis to do basic service resets and the like. I just found the Ross Tech how to on electric park brake service. Great info.

Regarding connectivity, I just type in the IP address of my HexNet and I can recognize it using my iPad. So far, that hasn't let me down. I deleted the VCDS mobile app. I should get it once more and try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding connectivity, I just type in the IP address of my HexNet and I can recognize it using my iPad. So far, that hasn't let me down. I deleted the VCDS mobile app. I should get it once more and try it.
    The IP address may change over time. That's one of the reasons auto-discovery is nice to have. Let us know when you get the app re-installed. In the meantime, it would still be useful to know the make/model of your wireless access point. Right now we only have the make/model of your extender.

Auto-discovery is working for almost everyone else at this point, so what we're trying to do is find out what's unique about your environment, and from there see what can be done to fix it or otherwise compensate.

Jason

9. Likes jakematic, Uwe liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    In the meantime, it would still be useful to know the make/model of your wireless access point. Right now we only have the make/model of your extender.

x2.

I already bought the extender. We may need to order the router to debug.

11. Likes jyoung8607, jakematic liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    My router is a Dlink DIR 615.

I reloaded the VCDS app last night and tried using it to find my Hex Net today. it was successful. I can access my Hex Net with the app or by entering the IP address. Is there anything else that you would like me to look at on my end? At this point it all seems to be working. Thanks again everyone for the help. I will keep an eye on this thread for a few more days but I won't be around to try anything.

13. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. I have a D-link DIR 655, which is very similar to your router. Please let us know if you run into anything. We should be able to recreate a similar network setup and test.

15. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My router is a Dlink DIR 615.
    Thanks!

I reloaded the VCDS app last night and tried using it to find my Hex Net today. it was successful. I can access my Hex Net with the app or by entering the IP address. Is there anything else that you would like me to look at on my end?
    You did have auto-discovery work once for you in the past on your AP, which happened randomly with no (known to us) changes to make it start or stop, so declaring victory after one attempt might be premature. I'm glad it's working for you now, but please let us know if it stops.

Jason

17. Likes Uwe liked this post