Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't connect with cloud to register w/ IPad

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't connect with cloud to register w/ IPad

Good Morning,

After some effort, I have made it through the start up process and tried to register via the cloud.
    I was connected to the Hex Net and the Internet at the time, but my display didn't change after clicking on register for several minutes. I called and spoke to Jeff on the phone and we decided to try using a laptop instead of my IPad to finish the process. I was unsuccessful. I am certain it is a problem on my end. I might need some basic help to walk me through the process on the laptop.

Since then, I have been unable to connect with my IPad using infrastructure mode. I made certain that the correct SSID was entered in advanced networking options on the hex net using access point mode. I can put it in infrastructure mode and the LEDs all turn green, with LED 3 blinking as before. When I open the app on my IPad, opened to the same wifi SSID as the Hex net, it is not recognized.

Any ideas on which problem to tackle first and how would I go about them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you a long way from your access point when you're doing this? Discovery (and everything else) may run into trouble at the far edge of your AP's range.

What sort of laptop are you using? Were you able to use the Java HEX-NET Wifi config utility on it? If so, what did you see?

Jason

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does HEX-NET have the latest firmware ?

2012 A8L 4.2 Oolong/Titanium. Premium, LED, Driver assist, Rear seat comfort, Dual pane, Alcantara, Panorama

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input. The hex net was delivered last Wednesday, so it should be up to date.

I can easily connect to the network from the garage with excellent signal displayed on my iPad. I reset the hex net by holding the button down and trying from square one again. I am only able to use access point mode even though I have 3 green LEDs. I made sure the iPad and hex net SSIDs are the same.

Pretty sure the problem is with me. I could use a Sesame Street style how to on the laptop/Java setup.

Thanks,
    Gary

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary ryan View Post
    The hex net was delivered last Wednesday, so it should be up to date.
    I'd check it anyway....

For future reference, when it updates, check it again to be sure there aren't additional updates that pre-req'd previous updates.
    In other words click until it says Up to date! and click once more to be sure

Java setup information:

2012 A8L 4.2 Oolong/Titanium. Premium, LED, Driver assist, Rear seat comfort, Dual pane, Alcantara, Panorama

8. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary ryan View Post
    Pretty sure the problem is with me. I could use a Sesame Street style how to on the laptop/Java setup.
    What you're trying should be working, so it's not yet clear this is user error on your part.

I agree with Jake that you should check for up-to-date firmware. We actually just came across a user last week with a very out-of-date HEX-NET, although there were indications he might have received it long ago and not used it until recently. The Youtube video will take you through the process of using the utility. However, there's a bit of a chicken-and-egg issue: you'll have to get it online in Infrastructure mode to check for updates. If you can tell us what you see in the Java config utility, that will let us see if it's reasonably up-to-date at least.

Jason

10. Likes jakematic liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the input. I will spend some time with it tomorrow morning and let you know what I found

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Since Gary's HEX-NET only shipped last week, it SHOULD be up-to-date.

I do agree that having a look at it using the Configuration Utility would be the next logical next step, but if Gary has eschewed all real computers, then flipping it back to AP mode and trying to connect to it that way with his iPad would be my plan B.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    if Gary has eschewed all real computers, then flipping it back to AP mode and trying to connect to it that way with his iPad would be my plan B.
    Agreed.

The configuration utility isn't necessary, but saves some typing and potential typographical errors.
    I've never used the utility except to help others troubleshoot - I access the WiFi settings directly on the HEX-NET from an iPhone or iPad.

14. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Afternoon guys,

I just spent some time with Java this morning, downloaded the configure tool and ran it. I was able to complete the process and see the Hex Net with my iPad in infrastructure mode with the tool plugged in my laptop. I disconnected the tool, went 25 feet to the garage, and tried it on the car. 3 green LEDs, no luck.

I noted the signal strength in the Java app. 89% in my kitchen, 83% in the garage. I took a couple of pics and will try to post them for you as they might be helpful to understand and learn from.