Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: -07 Jetta and egr change

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HMC View Post
    Get a genuine one, aftermarket parts especially electronics, cannot be trusted now.
    Regards HMC
    Maybe so.
    Took a test drive while ago with different speed and rpm's, little uneven with cruisecontrol and when parking idle was really unstable.
    Read the codes and nothing, so question is : shouldn't there be some codes if valve or wirings are faulty????

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Car starts ok, but rpm's won't keep steady when giving throttle. So could it be some air leak or something, but still no codes when tested??

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No sense at all in this.......next i'm gonna change that old egr back and see if it makes any difference. Hope so, and then i'm ready to admit that nothing else than original parts from here on.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So this is solved!! Faulty egr valve was that new one, funny and weird because vcds shows no incorrect data or values at any point. I put back the old one and runs like new, there was also steering assist, abs, tyre pressure and esp lights after that because of removing battery cable. All those went away after 300m drive.

5. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, yes especially egr, air mass flow meter and lambda sensors on petrol cars, I would suggest to use original parts. Sometimes aftermarket make problem worse as it was with old defective part.

Best regards ,

John

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vag227 View Post
    Hello, yes especially egr, air mass flow meter and lambda sensors on petrol cars, I would suggest to use original parts. Sometimes aftermarket make problem worse as it was with old defective part.

Best regards ,

John
    Now i have to agree that 100%

9. Likes Uwe liked this post