Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leon Cupra MK2 ESP deactivation.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have tried it before, and i know for a fact that my Module is not able to do what i need it to do.
    Please, if you do not know the answer do not post one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoriq747 View Post
    i have tried it before, and i know for a fact that my Module is not able to do what i need it to do.
    Please, if you do not know the answer do not post one...
    Please do not be so rude, you had not said whether you had tried the suggested coding all I asked was whether you had tried it.

Rudeness doesn't make people want to help you, good manners do - worth remembering.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Please do not be so rude, you had not said whether you had tried the suggested coding all I asked was whether you had tried it.

Rudeness doesn't make people want to help you, good manners do - worth remembering.
    I don't think I am rude and it is not my intention.
    I have asked 2 specific questions, there were no need to take the thread to a different direction, talking about latest versions ECT.

I ask only people that know the answers to the questions I have asked to answer please!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have asked 2 specific questions, there were no need to take the thread to a different direction, talking about latest versions ECT.
    IMHO clarifying what the latest version is of VCDS was necessary and of interest to ALL VCDS owners/users, the thread did then return to your specific questions but you chose not to initially answer whether you have tried the suggested coding change.

You say you KNOW that your ABS is not capable of supporting ESP off yet in your first post you say:
    i understood from some one that i need to swap it out for a different one

which implies that you do NOT KNOW that your ABS is not capable but merely that someone had told you it isn't. So it is necessary to clarify this point, as you may not need to go through the cost and work of replacing your ABS if a simple coding change will achieve your desired aim.

I ask only people that know the answers to the questions I have asked to answer please!
    That's not how internet forums work - statements must be clarified and sometimes that shows that the original question and/or assumptions were not correct.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify, I suggested the coding for you to try first for two reasons:
    - I didn't know what you tried before and I made the same interpretation as Dave did.
    - If you can make your current ABS pump work by coding, there would be no need to purchase another one.

Either way, you're welcome.

7. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for.you help.

Does any one know the answers to the following?

i need to swap it out for a different one, the 1K0-907-379-BJ and i have a few questions.

1. Does it matter what P/N the ABS pump is?
    2. What long code do i need for my vehicle after the swap?

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for.you help.

Does any one know the answers to the following?
    1. 379 BJ should be a direct swap in. Other possible variants are BH, BL, BK and BS modules.
    2. For BJ, you should be able to use the ESP deactivation coding posted in the #4 post.

I think your current 379 AT can have possibility of ESP function deactivation but you will need to try a coding. There is not a chance I am going to discuss this publically so if you are interested, feel free to drop me a Private Message.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, some updates

I now have an option of "ESP OFF" with a long press on the esp button but in some scenarios, when applying the brakes, the esp is starting to correct the car.

Can i do something to be able to disable the ESP altogether by using the ESP button or is there some other way?