new dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jose

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
I battle for my dongle to communicate with windows 7 is there anything I can do to solve the problem

jose

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
problem

I have to re install my dongle what can I do to obtain the serial code to re register it? I have the CD but am unable to register the dongle, its quite old but in South Africa I work with old cars.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Which dongle are we talking here?

What software were you using previously?

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I have to re install my dongle what can I do to obtain the serial code to re register it? I have the CD but am unable to register the dongle, its quite old but in South Africa I work with old cars.
It would help if you mentioned what model of interface you have, but if you have to manually register, I'll assume it's a "dumb" K-line interface.

Make sure you have the latest version of VCDS-Lite. Then, this video takes you through the activation process:

However, instead of purchasing a license, you'll ask for another activation on your existing license. If this is the same PC, or you have never moved this interface to a new PC before, you should be fine -- Ross-Tech will allow a second activation to move to a new PC. However, if this would be your third activation, you'll be required to purchase a new VCDS Lite license.

Jason

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
You mentioned that you have your "original" CD... Did you buy a Professional Kit from Ross-Tech? Professional Kits are the only place Ross-Tech supplies software on a CD or flash drive. Any other source of software copied to a CD is a violation of our distribution standards and more importantly, our copyright. We most often look past the copyright issue but as others said here, telling us what version you are running and so on will be required to get help.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
As has been said in other threads Jose, we need to know what it is you are trying to run and then we should be able to assist.

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Welcome to the forum.

When you install the standard VCDS or Beta versions make sure you click to install the Windows Driver Package - Ross-Tech USB Driver Package.

It works perfectly on my Windows 7 SP1 32bit.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Threads merged.

-Uwe-

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Seems in this reply, I have confused the world as some of our listed distributors also supply software on CD or other media with our written permission. If a purchase is made from a listed distributor, then a valid CD/Flashdrive with our software may be included. However, the point I was making is that many illegal copies are distributed by parties not listed on our distrib list.

Ross-Tech sees no reason for media with the English translation of the program since all can download the program for free from our web site. We supply media in ProKits for the shops that still do not have Internet access - a very small percentage of shops today. Enthusiast packages have never had media from Ross-Tech.

Some distributors feel that having media makes sales and installs easier. Ross-Tech has permitted these to distribute on media.

When someone says they have software on CD, one needs to question the version and the origin.

You mentioned that you have your "original" CD... Did you buy a Professional Kit from Ross-Tech? Professional Kits are the only place Ross-Tech supplies software on a CD or flash drive. Any other source of software copied to a CD is a violation of our distribution standards and more importantly, our copyright. We most often look past the copyright issue but as others said here, telling us what version you are running and so on will be required to get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back