Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCDS Programming API and/or "Apps" equivalent?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTommy View Post
    It would be handy to be able to expand an autoscan to also make admaps/blockmaps (checkbox in the autoscan screen) instead of hiding it away in debug mode. I’m thinking adaptation-only bcm’s, MIB units, etc. The autoscan no longer covers all relevant data, would be nice to see it expanded?

And That!

Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    Then you have to be very very patient when creating an "enhanced Auto-Scan". Adpmaps for non-UDS units takes a lot of time as every 256 channels get read...
    But I agree that everything, if it is present, could be made more compact by fitting everything in a XML file or something like that, with some kind of a Viewer application.

One car, one XML. Everything in. I'm just thinking loud.
    Yes Please!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then you have to be very very patient when creating an "enhanced Auto-Scan". Adpmaps for non-UDS units takes a lot of time as every 256 channels get read...
    Agree, but you could add a drop-down menu with something like:

- Auto-scan only (Installation list & DTC’s) (default option when scanning non-MQB/MLB cars)
    - Auto-scan + Adaptation channel maps (default option when using auto-detect or MQB/MLB cars)
    - Auto-scan + Adaptation channel maps + Measuring values
    - Custom scan (Which allows you to customize parameters with checkboxes for ‘Installation list’, ‘Adaptation channels’, DTC’s, ‘Measuring values’, Include/exclude advanced ID info, Check SW version vs current VAG flashfile release (Without a flasher in VCDS this would still be useful for a lot of people, see the amount of topics were jack starts with ‘FW update required’), include/exclude certain controller adresses from scan/admap/measuring values, etc.

But I agree that everything, if it is present, could be made more compact by fitting everything in a XML file or something like that, with some kind of a Viewer application.

One car, one XML. Everything in. I'm just thinking loud.
    Good idea. It wouldn’t even bother me if its dropped in the same text file as it is now, because that also guarantees compatibility everywhere.

As I was bored of massive copy-paste from notepad of codings and following LCode.exe execution bla bla adpmap searching windows explorer apocalypse, I created myself a little Auto-Scan GUI that gives fast-access to LCode for the codings, and opening adpmaps if they are present in the same directory... (execution via context-menu of txt files)

Something like that, integrated in VCDS. CRM. Customer database. Buzzword madness.

Cheers
    Nice!
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp

3. Likes D-Dub, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll just leave this here...

http://sendvid.com/zh0rm8p9

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'll just leave this here...

http://sendvid.com/zh0rm8p9
    I assume you're doing that by grabbing the handles to the individual window elements?

That works until we change something in the UI, which wouldn't do that to intentionally break what you're doing, but we're not going to constrain ourselves to maintain compatibility with your stuff either.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm lacking rhetorical skills in the english language but I'd like to express that I take humbly everything what gets offered by this great application without expecting anything

In the current state it is just a proof of concept but enriched with the right paradigms and ideas, I see a potential.

8. Likes Uwe, icardiag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoever finds this thread via search function in 20 years:
    Continuation is there:
    https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...g-coding-tasks

10. Likes Uwe, D-Dub liked this post