Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broke my HEX-CAN connector!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    The part number for the nose assembly is RT1962-A2001.
    The part number for the USB wire for a HEX-CAN is RTCUSB-BLK01.

These are not listed on our web site in our web shop.

Boss, how shall I help this forum member place the order? Easiest would be for him to call and ask for me (Bruce).
    I suggest we let him place a "Special Order" (which I couldn't find the link for) for $20 and include a link to this thread in his order.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robss4 View Post
    As far as being thru a war lol it really has! I've used this cable to tune and log 4 of my personal audis and vws! Logging is hard on them from my experience(leaving it plugged in when getting in and out and driving) Its a testament of its durability and I don't think a Chinese copy would suffer the abuse this one has taken!
    I have 10 years old VCDS interface and I use it every day for numbers of the times and looks like new,It still has uspc code.
    I never seen interface used for personal vehicle and to be like yours,.
    Here is some pictures of my 10 years old cable that I have used probably in over 500 vehicles:

Link:
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...s2bmo2TTlDbGhR

Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

3. Likes Eric, Uwe liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I suggest we let him place a "Special Order" (which I couldn't find the link for) for $20 and include a link to this thread in his order.

-Uwe-
    Thank you very much! I really appreciate the consideration in this matter!

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetta ,97 View Post
    I have 10 years old VCDS interface and I use it every day for numbers of the times and looks like new,It still has uspc code.
    Here is some pictures of my 10 years old cable that I have used probably in over 500 vehicles:

Link:
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...s2bmo2TTlDbGhR

And your point would be? I don't want to be obtuse here but is the point of your post to show how much better you are at handling your cable than I am? Congratulations your better than me! I guess I'll go and get my lashings for being hard on my cable now. Thanks for your post BTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robss4 View Post
    Thank you very much! I really appreciate the consideration in this matter!
    Send an e-mail to Sales@... please, and include a link to this thread. Bruce will hook you up somehow.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Send an e-mail to Sales@... please, and include a link to this thread. Bruce will hook you up somehow.

-Uwe-
    Have I missed the email?

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetta ,97 View Post
    Mine looks the same after 9+ years of usage. These seem to last when not abused. Out of curiousity, any ideas what that barcode on the side of the case means? Is it a significant/required/strategic thing? I always was wondering Now mine is worn and peeling at some edges..

9. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrick View Post
    Mine looks the same after 9+ years of usage. These seem to last when not abused. Out of curiousity, any ideas what that barcode on the side of the case means? Is it a significant/required/strategic thing? I always was wondering Now mine is worn and peeling at some edges..
    Don't you have a bar code reader on your phone?

Assuming it is originally from our inventory (and not from one of the European distributors who also do final assembly) it's just the serial number printed on the label, for example HC123456. We apply the bar code at the same time as the main label with the human-readable so we can scan the serial number with a bar-code reader when we pack an order. This greatly reduces errors compared to manual-entry.

-Uwe-

11. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you have a bar code reader on your phone?

Assuming it is originally from our inventory (and not from one of the European distributors who also do final assembly) it's just the serial number printed on the label, for example HC123456. We apply the bar code at the same time as the main label with the human-readable so we can scan the serial number with a bar-code reader when we pack an order. This greatly reduces errors compared to manual-entry.

-Uwe-
    Oh, didn't think about it

Well, it's from the official European distributor, "Autotestas" I believe. Bought it almost a decade ago or so..

Thanks for info

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Have I missed the email?
    Nope I'm sending it now! Thanks again