Thread: MFI shows "right rear door open" on my 2 door car (2011 golf TDI)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

MFI shows "right rear door open" on my 2 door car (2011 golf TDI)

Hi all!

I just did a OEM bi-xenon retrofit on my car and in the process of swapping my CECM to a highline I now have this issue where my MFI screen shows that my right rear door is open all the time which my car doesn't even have lol. So my interior lights won't shut off because it thinks there's a door open. For the time being I'm able to shut off the overhead lights to try to save my battery from dying but my foot well lights still stay on even after I lock my car. I re-coded Byte 7 Bit 6&7 on the new CECM for a 2 door but I still have the same issue.

On a positive note, the headlights work DRLs, high-beams, and all! I'd greatly appreciate any help on this issue I'm having as it's rather annoying

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to need a full Auto-Scan to be able to help diagnose the problem.
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-16-2018 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Added link

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Petrol Dave says ...........
    And ...........go to retrofits!

http://forums.ross-tech.com/forumdis...p?10-Retrofits
    Welcome OP to the VCDS forum nevertheless

JPPSG
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Moving to Retrofits.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.