What does Instruments > Personalization do?

JTK Awesome

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301999
Controller 17-Instruments, Byte 2, Bit 1:

POdVXlP.jpg

2017 Jetta SEL, unchecked by default. What happens if I check it? What does this even do?

The only hit on Google was someone asking the same question on TDI Club, with no answer:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=419019

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moved to from General VW/Audi repair to Tweaks.

-Uwe-

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
On MQB cars it enables preferences in car setup, radio stations, AID setup, seat position and other non-safety related stuff to be saved to a user and/or one of the matched car-keys. If that key opens the car, or you select that user on startup, immediately his/her settings/seat position/screen type is set to what is saved/previously set.

As far as i can deduct from my car, the infotainment unit is the center of this function. Control units that support personalization have a coding option or adaptation channel related to it.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
I enabled the three user profiles on my Leon 5F, which is supposed to never have them at first place. I used BCM adaptions for it, so i guess BCM is the master behind this.

MMI 5F does now have a new menu for it, but as it is supposed to never have this extra, i don't have full graphic layout for it in MMI. Software thing i pressume.

Reactions: Uwe
Back