Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Golf 7 Multifunction retrofit

Post Thanks / Like
    Well.... Seems like VW has taken the possibility of DIY in golf7. /not cool/ Only way to get CP off is by visiting a dealer .

Swap back old CAN and you should be good, for now.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

2. Likes jakematic liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just rolled back old gateway and all is back to normal. It took me 2 hours for everything. Thank you

Of course, I am pretty disappointed, because VW dealer already refused to do anything, which means I am stuck and I don't have solution.
    I can understand component protection on instrument cluster, keys, etc...but I can't understand this. Whole car is protected and I am wonder who is the owner of the car, VW or me.

They shouldn't care if I break something, as I would pay whatever it's needs to be paid for fix.
    In case I knew this, I wouldn't buy car. But whole life I am driving Golf and I bought again

Overall not happy, but I was happy when I saw lights on MF.

4. Likes jakematic, Eric, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come down..... .
    How old is Golf 7 ?
    You expect do DIY on 1- year old car ?
    we are lucky to see VCDS compatibility with MQB platform
    Need more time to "hack" other security protection

You can always go to VW and ask for rebuilt / update
    I know Skoda sale Update KIT for new Octavia (MQB) for CCS
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is true and I know the car is pretty new, but the main problem VW dealer already refused to do anything. I didn't want to do any DIY on my own until they told me "we can't do any modification".
    That's the reason I started to investigate.

When I called them and say I want cruise control, they said not possible, "CPU doesn't support CC". I sent email to Wolfsburg and of course then they accepted to do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    This might be depend of VW Dealer. I know here (local) not all Dealer want to swap cluster.
    Some of Dealer said - NOT POSSIBLE , not design to your car
    Some other said - Possible, but high possibility that cluster is stolen (they didnt even see it)

You must find good dealer who do not concerns to use VAS and know Online procedure.
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read somewhere that component protection can come up because I used secondhand part, which shouldn't happen with new part. In any case I am not going to spend additional money

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Milos: I trust you don't mind me saying that reading your thread is like reading the evolving plot in a TV soap opera! Unfortunately in your case, your sad tale of woe appears to have more twists-and-turns than a pretzel! I think that it's a shame that after all your valiant efforts, you have been bested by VW's paranoia over stolen bits (notwithstanding the fact that you have actually purchased a new part).

I only hope that you can find a sympathetic VW dealer (I've heard that they exist, albeit I have never seen one) that is willing to help you!
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

11. Likes Uwe, milos liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Don All is good though, I did my best.

I have 5 VW dealers in my country, but they are working under main importer, and I already spoke to main importer which didn't give me green light to anything.
    Asking other dealers, will just roll back to main importer again, so it doesn't make sense to ask again.

I can live and drive without MF, but the fact you know you are limited it's bothering me all the time. I thought to retrofit some other bits as well, but now I gave up for everything, because they don't want my money.

Waiting for security "hack" doesn't look reasonable at all because it can be many years until someone find solution.

Milos

Post Thanks / Like
    This annoys me; when you can't get past the front desk and 'not supported by VW'. There are too many dealerships that now have Technicians that are of the GFF era, and haven't a clue beyond that.

I had a problem with my DSP amp and was told two prices, one for the part and the other for 'coding in'. I queried 'coding' because I know the amp has CP but I was also led to believe that if a module protected by CP is brand new, it will match itself and lock to that new vehicle.

However, trying to get a definitive answer from beyond the Service Desk on that one was impossible.

There is also some urban legend on one of the forums that someone used VCDS to remove CP - although I can't find it at the moment. Apparently they paid a day's subscription to the online server, and entered long hex strings into VCDS through logins, coding II and Security Access. I think it is urban legend, unless anyone from Ross-Tech can see a plausible way of doing it.

14. Likes milos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now Volkswagen stuff is also infected with Dealer Profit Protection. That's unfortunate. Just as it went with Immo PINs being locked down, this will instantly force the creation of a market in third-party tools to undo it, thus creating problems for their best customers and enthusiasts while doing absolutely nothing about theft and chop-shop operations.

You know what would be nice? If there was some VW enthusiast-friendly company that already had one or more legitimate ODIS stations in-house that could undo this stuff, and was staffed by experts in the underlying vehicle protocols, and had just come out with some shiny new hardware that was designed to extend said protocols from the owner's car across the public Internet to their headquarters, and already had a phone support department set up to take per-incident vehicle support tickets. That would be really nice. Do we know any companies like that?

Jason

16. Likes milos, Uwe liked this post