Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf 7 Multifunction retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    one more thing, make sure you have high line cecm/bcm 5Q0 937 084 N i believe yours might be a lowline which doesn't support MFSW

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    I think part number for the steering wheel module is 5Q0 953 549 and like I read it's supporting MF, Bord plus, CC, ACC, etc... 5Q0 953 507 AB should be just left/right lever. Maybe I am wrong

I am wonder why I can't enable MFSW in VCDS? It doesn't matter is it going to work or not, but it doesn't exist in VCDS.

I am pretty sure it's missing because of my instrument cluster, which is basic (5G0920850 part number) and it's related directly to MF steering wheel. 5G0920860 is Medium cluster and controled by MFSW (right buttons),
    so I assume if I change instrument cluster, MF option in VCDS should come up inside Instrument modul, which is not right now.
    milos: I don't know if the following information is useful to you, but I have a mk7 highline with a MFSW

The autoscan report for my car is here;
    As you can see, the part number for my steering wheel controller isn't that different from yours (except for the last letter - yours ends with a "B", mine ends with an "E").
    The part number of our Clusters is different (mine is 5G0 920 860) and my car has the BCM part number that jsantos70 has suggested (i.e. 5Q0 937 084 N )

As you are probably aware, the mk7 seems to have an abundance of adaptation channels (my Highline has a total of 3,201 of these). I have search through the adaptation channels on my car and I have found five hits on the term "Multi-Function Steering Wheel". All of them come from 19-CAN Gateway control module. The channel descriptors and their stored values are shown below

Adaptation Channel Stored Value
    (1)-Multi_function_steering_wheel_control_module Coding Value-Tiptronic not installed
    (2)-Multi_function_steering_wheel_control_module Coding Value-Temp Sensor not installed
    (3)-Multi_function_steering_wheel_control_module Coding Value-MuFu-variant_VW GRA-High
    (4)-Multi_function_steering_wheel_control_module Coding Value-development_1 active
    (5)-Multi_function_steering_wheel_control_module Coding Value-development_2 not active

PS: You can find a full database of all the adaptation channels and their stored values for my Highline here
    Last edited by DV52; 10-05-2014 at 04:12 AM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

3. Likes milos liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Guys, this will help me a lot. If you look at my auto scan, you will see I have already 5Q0 937 084 N.

Except I will need to change a lot of things, but I don't care as I planned to do OPC parking later and a couple of other things.

PS I have those adaptation in VCDS, but they are not editable on my side. That is all I found.

Do you have anything about MF inside steering wheel module Long Coding helper?
    Or maybe inside Centrl Electronic long coding?

Milos
    Last edited by milos; 10-05-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed something in your auto scan.

Under gateway, you have this:

Multifunction unit control module:
    Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 5G0 959 442 J HW: 5G0 959 442 J
    Component: E221__MFL-DC1 H13 0035
    Serial number: 02120005290300060291
    Coding: 280000

And I don't have that.

Browsing Etka, it's related to MF buttons.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have anything about MF inside steering wheel module Long Coding helper?
    Or maybe inside Centrl Electronic long coding?

Milos
    milos: I've posted a copy of the Long coding Helper screens from my Highline for the BCM here and for 16-steering wheel here. Click the "Download" tab at the top Right-Hand-Side of the screen and have a look.

7. Likes milos liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed something in your auto scan.

Under gateway, you have this:

Multifunction unit control module:
    Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 5G0 959 442 J HW: 5G0 959 442 J
    Component: E221__MFL-DC1 H13 0035
    Serial number: 02120005290300060291
    Coding: 280000

And I don't have that.

Browsing Etka, it's related to MF buttons.
    Milos: Yes, but alas RT does not as yet have a Label file for address the 19- CAN gateway, so I can't tell you much about this control module. I assume that the 5 x adaptation channels that I posted-up related to this slave controller (just a guess)
    Last edited by DV52; 10-05-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sending screen shoots.

It's exactly same like on my side. And you are right about Labels, I can't see anything in CAN gateway and I am sure there is something about MFSW.
    Maybe someone from Ross Tech can tell us what does bytes/bits means in CAN, since I can see it, but I am not sure the meaning of it.

It's ok if I need to replace some parts, but I don't want to buy anything if I can't code in VCDS, that's why I am looking about MF option in Long Coding helper.

For example in my previous Audi A4, I had MF option in VCDS, I could enable/disable even I didn't have all parts on place.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Milos:Until the label file is populated, I guess that the only clue is the coding value from my slave module (i.e. 280000) and the default adaptation channels as previously posted. But there are lots more knowledgeable folk on here that might be able to provide better advice. Good luck!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I hope so someone will respond about can labels.

Until that, I am going to car to compare with your values and see is that going to help.

Will keep you updated Guys, thanks!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just came from the car, without much success.

I tried with your can gateway code, which is accepted by car, but that didn't help at all.
    Then I rolled back to my original code.

At the end, I found something in Adaptation which you mentioned before.

Your car has this values:

(3)-Multi_function_steering_wheel_control_module Coding Value-MuFu-variant_VW GRA-High
    (4)-Multi_function_steering_wheel_control_module Coding Value-development_1 active

And I am not able to add anything for this, it's just disabled so you can't add values, not sure why?
    I know you have midline gateway and I have low one. So maybe those options are coming by default based on gateway version.

See attached.

Milos