Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABS/Parking Brake lights on

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4lane View Post
    They've really mastered the 'upselling' to some poor unsuspecting owner; when the 'RAD FLUSH' costs more than the G12...

2. Likes PetrolDave, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    All fuses are in panel F.

Please do yourself a favor and get the WD in Erwin by printing to PDF.
    Yeah, I checked all the fuses and I didn’t find any blown.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Well, the EPB is aware of the fault in the Airbag Module. The EPB wants to know that the seatbelt switches are functioning properly because its behavior is different if the occupants are belted in than if they aren't. With occupants belted in, it's willing to release the parking brake automatically under some circumstances..

The ABS is aware of the fault in the EPB. TBH, I'm not sure why the ABS cares, and like I said, I haven't previously seen (or noticed) two levels of indirection like this, but hey... Fixing a broken wire should be a whole lot cheaper/easier than replacing an ABS or EPB control module, so that's what I'd do first.

-Uwe-
    UPDATE: I tied the broken seat belt wire together with no change. Seemed like that wire does nothing other than trigger a belt not buckled warning.

Then I started going through ABS (3)/Airbag (15)/Parking Brake(53) controllers. Clearing the codes in (3) & (53) results in the fault codes returning either immediately or after closing/reopening the controller with no change to the ABS/Parking Brake dash lights. However, with Airbag (15), I would clear fault 9444373 which would remove both the ABS and Parking Brake dash lights. The fault would come back, but perhaps that belt buckle wire is doing more than I think?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I checked all the fuses and I didn’t find any blown.
    Did you have measured power at each identified fuse and did you tone out to verify in correct panel?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Had this code on my 2003 Jetta Wagon.
    1 Fault Found:
    01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump (V64)
    012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
    Pulled ABS plug and checked voltages and one terminal at 12.7vdc and other 11.7vdc. Checked the fuses as per Jef the GURU and the one had 2 small (less than 1mm) carbon arc marks on it. Replaced the fuse and cleaned up the holder and problem fixed.
    Check the voltages the with a good meter, all computers are very voltage sensitive. Check the fuses. I really had to look to see those carbon marks and 1 volt difference was enough to cause a pile of head scratching. The WD from Erwin is worth its weight in gold.

7. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please do yourself a favor and get the WD in Erwin by printing to PDF.
    Quote Originally Posted by phelmerj View Post
    The WD from Erwin is worth its weight in gold.
    What they said ...

9. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have measured power at each identified fuse and did you tone out to verify in correct panel?
    I didn’t have the time to fully vet this. I did check to see if there was power at any of the fuses and did not find any.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back feed the 12 volt sockets tracks with tone generator to seek the Terminal 87 location relay, since they all share this terminal.

DIN spec's Terminals in JPPSG

http://www.bosch-classic.com/media/e...eichnungen.pdf

Overview be valid also for Avant (5-door models)!

1 - Relay /Fuse Panel F -SF-
    q Components: -J9- , -J84- , -J807-
    1 - Battery Separation Relay -J7-
    q Component Location: in spare tire well, beside auxiliary battery
    2 - Relay / fuse panel with Vehicle Electrical System Control Module -J519-
    q Components:-J160- , -J329- , -J413- , -J601- , -J608- , -J910-
    q Relay / fuse panel with Vehicle Electrical System Control Module -J519- → Chapter
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back feed the 12 volt sockets tracks with tone generator to seek the Terminal 87 location relay, since they all share this terminal.

DIN spec's Terminals in JPPSG

http://www.bosch-classic.com/media/e...eichnungen.pdf

Overview be valid also for Avant (5-door models)!

1 - Relay /Fuse Panel F -SF-
    q Components: -J9- , -J84- , -J807-
    1 - Battery Separation Relay -J7-
    q Component Location: in spare tire well, beside auxiliary battery
    2 - Relay / fuse panel with Vehicle Electrical System Control Module -J519-
    q Components:-J160- , -J329- , -J413- , -J601- , -J608- , -J910-
    q Relay / fuse panel with Vehicle Electrical System Control Module -J519- → Chapter
    I did take a peek at J393 to see if I found anything obvious (even though those faults are no longer showing - trying to fix the fuel door faults as well). I see four areas of oxidation of some sort. You can see two of them in this image, one circled. I'm assuming this can potentially interfere with the circuit and J393's functions. If so, is it worth it to try in and clean it?

13. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did take a peek at J393 to see if I found anything obvious (even though those faults are no longer showing - trying to fix the fuel door faults as well). I see four areas of oxidation of some sort. You can see two of them in this image, one circled. I'm assuming this can potentially interfere with the circuit and J393's functions. If so, is it worth it to try in and clean it?
    It might.......... never hurts to try a fiberglass sanding pen and an anti oxidizer after a spritz with oven cleaner containing sodium hydroxide.
    Wear gloves and eye protection!

Hair dryer!

Did your service history come in an electronic form the VAG dealer emailed or did you use an external source to pull that record?
    The format is so nice!