Retro Fitting Keyless Start and Entry - Help

djdracine

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=331013
Replaced my CCM module to get the 32 pin Blu connector, coded the new module based on my long coding from the old CCM module (old module had the settings just not the pins to plug into).

Now my car will not start and on the dash it notes Please Remove Key when put into the slot. Navigation, Radio and Telephone functions all work fine. NO other warning lights appear on the dash. I think the keys need to be programed to the new CCM but not sure of the settings required or which module to go into to update, as used the long coding already.

Vehicle is an Audi S5 2011.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Immobiliser needs to be matched at dealer.

djdracine

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=331013
is there anyway to reset the immobilizer to work with the new CCM with the VAGCOM tool?

I was just at the dealer not long ago to fix component protection after I did the 3g MMI to 3g+ mmi with google maps.

DJAlix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=238277
is there anyway to reset the immobilizer to work with the new CCM with the VAGCOM tool?

I was just at the dealer not long ago to fix component protection after I did the 3g MMI to 3g+ mmi with google maps.
No, and on top of your IMMO you would have triggered CP again with CCM swap :)

djdracine

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=331013
No, and on top of your IMMO you would have triggered CP again with CCM swap :)

I would have thought that as well about the CP, but the radio, navigation, phone all work fine no issues, windows up down etc. I don't think CP was activated as the new CCM was a direct replacement/current version. But sounds like ether way I can stuck with another visit to the dealer if I want to finish this retrofit or I strap it and figure out how to just make the button work even if the key is in the slot as the new MMI panel has the button.

DJAlix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=238277
I would have thought that as well about the CP, but the radio, navigation, phone all work fine no issues, windows up down etc. I don't think CP was activated as the new CCM was a direct replacement/current version. But sounds like ether way I can stuck with another visit to the dealer if I want to finish this retrofit or I strap it and figure out how to just make the button work even if the key is in the slot as the new MMI panel has the button.
Interesting, but if all is working bar the IMMO then cool. You have an S5 and you have come this far... why mess about? Just get it done properly via your dealer or an authorised 3rd party.

Reactions: Uwe
Back