Passat B5 ABS Coding Issue?

Robbo1992

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=349935
Morning All,
I know this issue has been covered plenty of times before but im getting no where with my own problem not been able to corrrectly code my ABS moduele.
I recently had to crack a full Dash out job to replace the V71 motor, all went back together ok including the Steering Angle Sensor, after completion i had the ESP, ABS and flashing Red brake warning lamp on my instrument cluster, so i followed the Guide on Ross Techs main website to recalibrate and recide the ABS module, as you've guessed at this point no luck!!

My main problem been that after i enter my login and coding details, a warning appears in the top right corner saying 'login lost due to dropped session' which iv been led to believe means iv entered the wrong login details. I have given my login and recode details below as well as my PR codes and a full scan if anyone would be kind enough to double check me.

Iv tried this procedure several times now but i do not get the faulty Steering Angle Sensor pop up each time, only every other time?

Iv triple check the wiring in and around the sensor and brake/clutch pedals, removed and replaced the sensor but still no luck in been able to recode and recalibrate the module. Would the faulty Sensor not allow recoding?

Below are my details;

Login - 09575
Coding - 04275

20180405_171512_zpsue7h83a4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And the Full scan.

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Any help on this issue would be massively appreciated.....its got me scratching my head now!!
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
VCDS Version: 15.7.1.0 (x64)
Data version: 20150904
Why are you running a 3 year old version of VCDS?

Worth downloading the latest version and posting a new Auto-Scan using that - it might give more clues what the problem is.

Reactions: Uwe

Robbo1992

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=349935
Because everytime i try to update the software i run into a maze of problems trying to set it up!

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Because everytime i try to update the software i run into a maze of problems trying to set it up!
If you update from a older version of VCDS there is no complicated setup, just run the installer and the new version is good to go.

Robbo1992

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=349935
Might be worth mentioning too, i am getting a reading from the G85 sensor in the Measuring blocks, it starts at 720° and reads a change whenever i move the wheel.
So this must mean my sensor is ok?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I was 99.9% certain he was using a rip-off clone once he baulked against running the latest version of VCDS.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I was 99.9% certain he was using a rip-off clone once he baulked against running the latest version of VCDS.
When I saw the Photobucket fail before the scan, I thought he might just be someone who's behind the times. But then I double-checked...

As a side note, it's funny how these guys come in spurts. We had ~3 weeks without one, and now we have three in as many days.

-Uwe-

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
Sorry for the dumb question, never really looked in this forum group specifically, but how do you/we spot they are using a clone/pirate copy of VCDS? (By the way, I've got genuine stuff so this isn't mean trying to do any funny business, just curious)

Ta

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sorry for the dumb question, never really looked in this forum group specifically, but how do you/we spot they are using a clone/pirate copy of VCDS? (By the way, I've got genuine stuff so this isn't mean trying to do any funny business, just curious)
There are many things that provide clues, but exactly how we make a final determination is considered a "trade secret". ;)

-Uwe-

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Usually an ancient version like 12.12 or 15.7.1 is a good give away. Those used to be very popular on Aliexpress and eBay.
I'm sure Ross Tech have more tricks and they shouldn't give them away easily, this would just make producing clones and hacked software easier.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Usually an ancient version like 12.12 or 15.7.1 is a good give away. Those used to be very popular on Aliexpress and eBay.
I'm sure Ross Tech have more tricks and they shouldn't give them away easily, this would just make producing clones and hacked software easier.

No tricks just the facts.......It's "ABOVE MAGIC!"

dragnet-615x500.png

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
There are many things that provide clues, but exactly how we make a final determination is considered a "trade secret". ;)

-Uwe-

Fair enough, I'll leave it in your capable decision making hands!

Cheers

Andy

Back