Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Tiguan Big Speedo mph to km/h

Post Thanks / Like
    I mention this before , it is not possible with scan tool to do this. It has to be done in memory of cluster.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...igital+display
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

2. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetta ,97 View Post
    I mention this before , it is not possible with scan tool to do this. It has to be done in memory of cluster.

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...igital+display
    Thank you for helping me sleep again
    It was driving me crazy.
    When Uwe tried his best with VCDS it was obvious that there is no one more qualified to ask and VCDS won't help.
    I thought it could be fixed only by replacing the whole cluster. Now...knowing it is factory level set and essentially cluster/region dependent gives me closure.

I will live with mph as it's definitely not worth the hassle of replacing the cluster and who knows, maybe one day I find Master Technician for German cars of Ireland who can re-program my current cluster.

I'm very grateful and inspired ... to find kind people around the world, who take their time to answer a question like mine.

Thanks again gentlemen!

4. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if similar as a a different/older model? but I did the opposite on my Son's 2011 Golf 1.4tsi which had the small digital speedo in kmh - due to the analogue dial only having a single scale for mph and EU/UK requiring both units to be readable (most UK cars with analogue speedo show dual scale).

To get it to show the large digital speedo I set it to 'Australia' in VCDS (UK gives the default kmh setting even though we use mph due to the aforementioned EU ruling), it then showed in kmh but I was able to change it to mph by changing 'consumption/distance' to mpg.

As per this guide; http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/2017...o-mfd-dis-mph/
    2014 Audi S4 Avant, 'black edition'.
    2019 Audi Q2 Sport 30 tdi.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
    Not sure if similar as a a different/older model? but I did the opposite on my Son's 2011 Golf 1.4tsi which had the small digital speedo in kmh - due to the analogue dial only having a single scale for mph and EU/UK requiring both units to be readable (most UK cars with analogue speedo show dual scale).

To get it to show the large digital speedo I set it to 'Australia' in VCDS (UK gives the default kmh setting even though we use mph due to the aforementioned EU ruling), it then showed in kmh but I was able to change it to mph by changing 'consumption/distance' to mpg.

As per this guide; http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/2017...o-mfd-dis-mph/
    Thanks for your reply.
    The how-to describes the first part of what I'm trying to achieve here.
    AFTER enabling the big speedo, I am trying to get it to show km/h instead of mph and that seems only possible with a replacement cluster or as per Master's reply, by factory level programming of the current cluster...

It seems that it doesn't matter if it is set to Australia or Rest of the World, as long as it's not UK the big speedo can be anabled and then (unfortunately) shows whatever is hard-coded in the cluster itself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouchie View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    The how-to describes the first part of what I'm trying to achieve here.
    AFTER enabling the big speedo, I am trying to get it to show km/h instead of mph and that seems only possible with a replacement cluster or as per Master's reply, by factory level programming of the current cluster...

It seems that it doesn't matter if it is set to Australia or Rest of the World, as long as it's not UK the big speedo can be anabled and then (unfortunately) shows whatever is hard-coded in the cluster itself...
    You do not need to replace cluster, it is tweak that has to be done in cluster memory .

However you can have small digital speed in Kmh , go to menu and choose Alternate speed like here, look under outside Temp :
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ll=1#post94160
    Master Technician for German cars
    Immobilizer/ECU
    /Cluster Programing (Used or NEW) and Key Programing
    Mk6 COLOR cluster in Mk5 -CLIK

email : marinmm2001@gmail.com

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I appreciate the help... I know how to display small kmh, that is not the purpose of this thread.

We have established that:
    A) VCDS - it is not possible (out of ideas how it would be possible)
    B) Cluster settings only allows for either small kmh OR big speedo in mph (or kmh) BUT it's cluster programming specific, meaning I can't be changed from one to the other without VAG/VAS factory level programming or system access I simply don't have (see Jetta's post)
    C) No cluster settings have any effect on big speedo units, only odo, trip and consumption
    I appreciate the help, I really do, but I have done my research and all these basic how-to's don't cover it.

If anyone thinks they can help me, please understand that Uwe himself doesn't have a solution to his and also read what Jetta said: http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...l=1#post125430

and if you still think you got a solution, how to switch big speedo from mph to kmh using either VCDS or some other trickery which requires tools/knowledge that I, as a hobbyist, might have... PLEASE post it! That being said, thanks to all of you lads for trying to help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouchie View Post
    it's cluster programming specific, meaning I can't be changed from one to the other without VAG/VAS factory level programming or system access I simply don't have
    If this modification is involves what I think it does, I rather doubt it can be done with the tools the dealers use. VAG doesn't want their dealer's technicians changing random bytes in the control module's EEPROM either.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

11. Likes Jetta ,97 liked this post