Stolen Audi A4 in Australia (disable old key)

JoeB

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307648
Hi,
I recently had my car stolen and the thief has one of the key fobs, now with luck I have had the car found and returned by police but I am worried that it is not safe for me to leave the same key code on it, can anyone tell me what procedure is needed to change the key and software code in order to circumvent this problem?

Thanks in advance.:(

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
vcds can't do this. you'll need to find yourself an immo expert or visit the VW dealer (but the latter one will offer to give the car a new identity = $$$)

DJAlix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=238277
You need to visit a dealership, hard to know which one as you have not given any vehicles details, in order for them to remove the missing key. An authorised 3rd party VW Group Services Provider can do this also. They will use the official VW Group tool to "service" the immobiliser and then re-code any keys which you still have back to the car. After this procedure the missing key / keys will still be able to open your vehicle but will not be able to start it. Only way to stop the opening of your car would be to change the locks.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Auto-scan........please

A well placed kill switch?

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It would be good to know the generation and model year of this A4 at a very minimum. :-)

-Uwe-

Gavra

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=240855
Just find local locksmith...... easy to do if you know right people.....And right people can make car inaccessible for dealer also ;) But much more needed than just VCDS so we will stop here.

JoeB

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307648
The car is an 2009 8K A4 Quattro 3.2L but from the answers here I sort of got an idea on what is needed to be done.:(

Thanks to all fro the;) replies

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Hidden kill switch is cheap security or even unplugging a sensor, fuse or relay removal when parked if worried.

Back