"Block Allocation Settings"

ElSupremo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=215154
I was asked in another forum (asking about the Driver Alert System) for my data in the CAN Gateway, specifically "...the four values seen in channels 6 7 and 8 when you look in the BLOCk allocation settings".

I have no clue what this means, could not find any mention in the VCDS manual.

Help ...??

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
I would assume that the poster is talking about the CAN-Gateway (Address 19) and it's Advanced Measuring Values and/or Measuring Value Blocks (MVB/Function 08). Depending on which of the 2, the Channel 6-8 refer either to Values 6-8 or Block 6-8. If you're able to specify the vehicle you were talking about we might be able to give you a more accurate reply as well. :)

Reactions: Uwe

ElSupremo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=215154
I would assume that the poster is talking about the CAN-Gateway (Address 19) and it's Advanced Measuring Values and/or Measuring Value Blocks (MVB/Function 08). Depending on which of the 2, the Channel 6-8 refer either to Values 6-8 or Block 6-8. If you're able to specify the vehicle you were talking about we might be able to give you a more accurate reply as well. :)

2012 Tiguan SEL, North American Edition, CAN Gateway P/N 7N0 907 530 P

The poster also mentioned that there are at least two variations of this p/n (and others) which VCDS cannot distinguish - suffix EM0 and EM1. Apparently the EM0 does not support the Driver Alert function, while the EM1 does.

ElSupremo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=215154
2012 Tiguan SEL, North American Edition, CAN Gateway P/N 7N0 907 530 P

The poster also mentioned that there are at least two variations of this p/n (and others) which VCDS cannot distinguish - suffix EM0 and EM1. Apparently the EM0 does not support the Driver Alert function, while the EM1 does.

My contact told me what he wanted for "Block Allocation Values" and I complied. Its Application -> Controller Channel Map ->(controller address 19, Measuring Blocks then Adaptation, CSV file) --> Go

By the way, do you what the "Login or Security Access Code" is supposed to be? I just left it blank, seemed to work in generating the two files.

Any comment on EM0 and EM1 CAN gateway variations ?

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn

PR-EM0 = without Driver Alert Function (Müdigkeitserkennung/MKE)
PR-EM1 = with Driver Alert Function (Müdigkeitserkennung/MKE)

EM0/EM1 are NOT suffixes, they are production codes. Production codes often either relate to a slightly modified control module software or parameter settings. The MKE is a bit of additional software which some of the gateways come with while others don't. We know how it can be added but neither VCDS nor the regular dealer VAS-PC/ODIS support this function. You can indirectly determine if the function is supported by checking the correlating adaptation channel. Neither VCDS nor any other tool will read it's availability based off the part number - simply because the suffix/color code isn't stored in the control module.

My contact told me what he wanted for "Block Allocation Values" and I complied.

What would he want those for? :) Certainly not gonna help him "retrofit" this.

By the way, do you what the "Login or Security Access Code" is supposed to be? I just left it blank, seemed to work in generating the two files.

The Login/Security Access field is usually left blank - it does exist though because some modules require it to enable certain measuring values and/or adaptation channels.

ElSupremo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=215154
What would he want those for? :) Certainly not gonna help him "retrofit" this.

Apparently by comparing values from the EM0 and EM1 variants from other enthusiasts, he can tell if DAS is supported by the CAN Gateway (or not). Mine is in the "not" category, but there is an alternate source for the module for $42 from AllExpress.

Back