Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High Tickover

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I cleaned the EGR. It was very clogged in and around the valve itself. It hasn't made any difference to idle though. Regarding the suspect alternator, if I were to attach jump leads from a healthy vehicle, would you expect to see the revs drop as it receives the higher voltage? or is it sensed at the actual alternator itself?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding the suspect alternator, if I were to attach jump leads from a healthy vehicle, would you expect to see the revs drop as it receives the higher voltage? or is it sensed at the actual alternator itself?
    NO..............
    Time to RTFB the SSP!
    Read design and function..........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK. So I found the list of SSP's but struggled to find the correct one? do you know which SSP XXXX number? thanks
    ED: URL redacted.
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-02-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Somehow I don't think VW would regard that site as a "Courtesy".

For internal use only VOLKSWAGEN AG, Wolfsburg
    All rights reserved. Technical specifications subject to change without notice.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

5. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems to be in the public domain Uwe?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like

But you can't and that isn't "public domain"!

It's called copy written material.........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    It seems to be in the public domain Uwe?
    Uhm, someone who places something in the public domain doesn't normally have a Copyright statement, with "All rights reserved".

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, my mistake - not easy to tell what is 'free to use' on the web these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    OK, my mistake - not easy to tell what is 'free to use' on the web these days.
    Correct, it's not.

Just because someone posts something on the internet somewhere doesn't mean it's legit or legal. In fact, the internet is full of pirated warez, and we generally frown on links to such things.

-Uwe-

12. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post