Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not the turbo self-destructing I would be worrying about - but the effect on the engine of the broken bits of turbo when ingested by the engine

2. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not the turbo self-destructing I would be worrying about - but the effect on the engine of the broken bits of turbo when ingested by the engine
    I install catch screens in my race engines & because I found they actually create a TQ benefit in some cases & depending on where placed and a safety mechanism, I do the same in gas and diesel HPP fuel lines to injectors!

Still wouldn't use that turbo though...........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    https://20somethingfinance.com/obama...ards-for-2025/

U.S. Fuel Economy Standards: 54.5 MPG by 2025

Vehicle Technologies to Improve Fuel Economy and Reduce GHGsNHTSA’s and EPA’s technology assessment indicates there is a wide range of technologies available formanufacturers to consider in improving fuel economy and reducing GHG emissions. The standards allowfor long-term planning by manufacturers and suppliers for the continued development and deploymentacross their fleets of fuel saving and emissions-reducing technologies. The agencies believe thatadvances in gasoline engines and transmissions will continue for the foreseeable future, and that there willbe continual improvement in other technologies, including vehicle weight reduction, lower tire rollingresistance, improvements in vehicle aerodynamics, diesel engines, and more efficient vehicle accessories,and that vehicle air conditioners will continue to improve by becoming more efficient. The agencies alsoexpect to see some increased electrification of the fleet through the expanded production of stop/start,hybrid, plug-in hybrid electric and electric vehicles, as well as other alternative fuel vehicles like naturalgas. Many of these technologies are already available today, and the agency expects manufacturers willbe able to meet the standards through further improvements in these technologies, as well as through asignificant penetration of these and other technologies across the fleet.

Air Conditioning and Off-Cycle-Related Fuel Consumption Improvement Values - For thefirst time for MYs 2017-2025, manufacturers will be able to generate fuel consumption improvementvalues for improvements in air conditioning (A/C) system efficiency to use in complying with the CAFEstandards, and for real-world improvements through the use of “off-cycle” technologies that raise fueleconomy in ways that are not reflected on the current test procedures. Such technologies might includesolar panels, engine start-stop, or active aerodynamics. These flexibilities will be implemented in theCAFE program in the same way that they are implemented in EPA’s GHG program. Manufacturers whoemploy off-cycle technologies may be eligible for pre-defined improvement values from an “off-cyclemenu,” or may petition the agencies to obtain a higher value or for technologies not on the menu.Manufacturers may only raise their CAFE levels up to a certain amount using off-cycle menutechnologies.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/ru...Fact_Sheet.pdf
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Manufacturers who employ off-cycle technologies may be eligible for pre-defined improvement values from an “off-cycle menu,” or may petition the agencies to obtain a higher value or for technologies not on the menu.Manufacturers may only raise their CAFE levels up to a certain amount using off-cycle menu technologies.
    Sounds like they're going to pretend that these cars get better mileage than they actually do.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like they're going to pretend that these cars get better mileage than they actually do.

-Uwe-

Well I want to go back to the days of no responsibility, woods riding my CR and pretend land too!

Kids now have some life in comparison to working the fields on the farm huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...award-from?amp

EPA employee protests union contract while receiving award from Admin. Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...award-from?amp
    EPA employee protests union contract while receiving award from Admin. Wheeler
    Am I the only one around here who objects to the very concept of a public-sector union?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

10. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are indeed aligned on many views , this is one of them.

I post many things just to check if I am crazy or if someone can make a good argument.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://qz.com/1663412/us-states-spe...l-engines/amp/

Many US states are spending their VW settlement funds on more diesel engines

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/07...8oSK3pHKBSbbTv

US issues final rules halting increase of fuel efficiency penalties

14. Likes Uwe liked this post