Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Volkswagen says it's responsible for 2% of global CO2 emissions

https://www.thelocal.de/20190330/vol...-co2-emissions

Isn't it actually much higher, come on?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I spent the summer of 1974 in Germany, and yeah, the Golf was a really big deal. An (at the time) truly modern car from VW.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Volkswagen says it's responsible for 2% of global CO2 emissions
    https://www.thelocal.de/20190330/vol...-co2-emissions
    The German auto industry is late in shifting towards electric cars.
    Huh? Compared to what other country's auto industry are they "late"?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I miss how crazy simple the A1 was to work on.
    I don't miss the rattles or water ingress to fuse box or hard ride which resulted in cracked windshields.

I do miss the fuel economy!

It seems to me if VAG just reconsidered a few Design ideas and brought back some simplicity, things could be more reliable and in fact cleaner.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I miss how crazy simple the A1 was to work on.
    That! Timing belt? 45 minutes. Transmission R&R? Not much more than an hour.

I don't miss the rattles or water ingress to fuse box or hard ride which resulted in cracked windshields.
    Never had a cracked windshield. Water ingress was easy enough to cure.

I do miss the fuel economy!
    Huh? My '77 got ~30mpg on the highway. My '84 GTI hardly over 25. That was pretty good compared to other cars back then, but it's really not impressive today, where a Tiguan can turn in those kinda numbers and a Passat does considerably better. The only MK.1 that's still tough to surpass for fuel economy is the diesel, and that's only because diesels have been choked with ungodly amounts of emissions stuff.

It seems to me if VAG just reconsidered a few Design ideas and brought back some simplicity, things could be more reliable and in fact cleaner.
    Trouble is you can't make a car that simple and light anymore. The safety regulations alone effectively preclude it.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    The 74 scirocco clocked in at 45-49 MPG during testing but was much more than 25 that's for sure. Or

Maybe that was the dresserator ultrasonic carb on a big block GM.
    I'll have to pull the write up and see.

http://www.a2resource.com/brochures/...dscirocco.html

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 03-31-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The 74 scirocco clocked in at 45-49 MPG during testing but was much more than 25 that's for sure.
    • Imperial gallons are bigger.
    • Sciroccos were lower and more aerodynamic than Golfs.

-Uwe-

8. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they were more aerodynamic but a proper setup mechanical CIS was very dependable and able to achieve high 30's with no problem and the proper lash set on valves while using the correct profile tires and setting drums and wheel bearings/axles/ trans gear & engine oil with proper lubricant to curb friction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!

https://carbuzz.com/news/volkswagen-...thanks-to-ford

Volkswagen Amarok Coming To America Thanks To Ford

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    "We are in constructive talks about taking a stake in Argo, the Ford division for autonomous driving."
    Im not entirely convinced about that one unless they're planning to take on Mr Musk