Page 64 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a61_story.html

Md. bill would make it easier for child sexual abuse victims to sue Catholic Church
    Jack: Certainly a positive step forward - Australia has already passed similar laws !! However, notwithstanding the benefits of the legislation (the irony is that the catholic church's extreme wealth is at odds with the "poverty" mantra of its clergy), this is dealing with the "effect", rather than the "cause" of the problem.

I believe that there are 2 x basic tenets that need to be abandoned in the catholic church albeit I don't think that this will happen any time soon:

1. the first is the unnatural and totally unachievable requirement for clergy to be chaste. I'm not saying that of itself, chastity is a contributor to child abuse - but the lie that is perpetrated by the Catholic church that sex doesn't happen behind the Vatican walls (or behind any church walls in the rest of the world) is palpable nonsense and it underpins the ease with which the lie is extended to deny child abuse by the church!
    2. the second is the principle of "In persona Christi". This is where priests act "as Christ and as God" in sacramental rites. I've no doubt that (in part) this mantra forms an important part of the authority of priests in ALL their dealings with the lay community. And IMO, I suspect that it underpins abuser's belief that somehow they are separate from everyone else -and therefore they are not subject to the norms that control the rest of us humans.

But I suggest that you don't hold your breath for change to happen in the Vatican. Again IMO, the only good thing to come out of the repeated stories of child abuse in the Catholic church is the opportunity for the believers to ask themselves whether they wish to continue to support an institution that reacts in the manner that it does!! If these things happened in a commercial business - that business would be bankrupt by now because customers would not support the enterprise.

For clarity, I acknowledge that these are entirely my views and in expressing my views, I don't intend any offense to Catholics. I was a Catholic in youth - now I'm a born again agnostic, but I respect the right of ALL to choose their faith (or their right to choose no faith)

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Current events.......

Huh, I guess if you do it in broad daylight, it's okay though?

Makes me think of "Back to school".

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/u...s-scandal.html

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...e-into-harvard

The Story Behind Jared Kushner’s Curious Acceptance Into Harvard

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 03-18-2019 at 09:11 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pa...mon-2019-03-19

Paul Manafort charged with committing residential mortgage fraud — but it’s not that uncommon

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pa...mon-2019-03-19

Paul Manafort charged with committing residential mortgage fraud — but it’s not that uncommon
    Moral of the story: Never get on the wrong side of those in power, because anyone can be prosecuted for something.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Billionaire Porsche Family Wants to Buy Even More Shares of VW

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...4-million-deal

https://whtc.com/news/articles/2019/...s-share-in-vw/

Porsche takes this over and straightens these guys out?

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://europe.autonews.com/automake...venture-stakes

SAIC Motor criticizes VW CEO's comments on raising joint-venture stakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool

ABT Bringing 503-HP Audi RS 5 Sportback To America

https://carbuzz.com/news/abt-bringin...ack-to-america

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    https://europe.autonews.com/automake...venture-stakes
    SAIC Motor criticizes VW CEO's comments on raising joint-venture stakes
    Huh? All Diess said is that VW is "evaluating the possibility".

If he wasn't evaluating the possibility (now that it's finally allowed in China), he'd be abrogating his responsibilities as CEO.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post