Page 62 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce: I've always liked the inherent honesty in your writing style - thanks for the candor and the detail in your response

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    If a majority are educated as I pose here, why is there still disparity in income? Why aren't we all paid the same? Why are there still poor among us?............................................. So is this the leveling you speak of? This eliminates the poor? This brings the rich down to the same level?
    hmm..... I think that I said that "Education is the leveler and it is the enabler for solving that other societal-divider: disparity of wealth". But mass education provides no guarantee of an egalitarian society". Don't get me wrong - I'm fascinated by what's happening in America and I believe that it does many things well - but there are IMO appalling short-falls in the land-of-the-free (no offense intended).

In reply to your position, let me invite you to recast your views about America's wealth divide - but this time assume that the vast majority of US citizens are largely uneducated! I suspect that you would see a society with an even greater wealth divide and with a sub-culture of abject poverty with an even greater entrenched societal abuse!!

I believe that as long as man exists, man's base emotions will remain unchanged. The idea that man can solve these emotional issues for all men everywhere seems absurd to me. Christ had it right: "you will always have the poor with you." And allow me to add: and if we have poor we also have rich.

hm........ I'm always wary about responding to JC's quotes - but without wishing to intrude on any religious beliefs that might be held by anyone here - what can a man who lived 2,000 years ago possibly know about how to address the societal problems in the 21st century? Again, intending no offense and even assuming that JC had an advanced knowledge of human psychology, political theory, modern economics and an understanding of how global relationships are modulated by the threat of modern weaponary - I very much doubt that JC's views are pertinent in this matter

Sure, I agree that the basic motivators of humans are intrinsically unaltered since the days of JC's time in Jerusalem, but (without intending offense) it's perhaps a tad simplistic to seek a solution to tomorrow's world-wide ills in the likely inaccurate translation of a third person's writings about the supposed thinking of someone called Jesus - I think.

I hope that I haven't tread on any religious sensitivities in my positions - my apology if this has occurred

The paragraph above says that greed drives me - yes, you knew it Don - and I have written it clearly for all to see - I am a greedy capitalist. I believe at heart, all humans are capitalists. We all want more of something!
    Bruce: I really didn't know that "greed drives [you]" - and I truly suspect that it doesn't!

My belief is that you are actually driven by a value-set that you learnt from your parents and (I suspect) the same value-set that you clearly passed-onto your children. As for any individual, this value-set explains the man that your colleagues @ RT see and it defines the man that your family and friends call "Bruce". Yes, greed is in there - but so what?

Man is doomed to repeat history and history has shown this to be true.............................................

We are approaching a painful reset - a do over. After the reset, after the pain subsides, we will begin rebuilding. We'll make promises to learn from what has just been. A generation, two, maybe three later, the very same problems will be present again. There will be no "equalization" for humans will always be finding a way for one to have more than another. Education will not stop the cycle.

I can't disagree more! I believe that the future will be a success - because of the qualities in the newer generations of kids. I never cease to be amazed by their intellect, their innovation and their propensity for social justice!! The other reason for my view is the number of parents (like you) that I keep meeting who have passed-on their value-set to their children.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

2. Likes Bruce liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am rich because I have been blessed to have more than I need - that, by my definition, makes me rich. Are there others who have more? Absolutely. Are there many who have less? Absolutely. Do I strive to have what others have?
    I guess I'm figuratively rich & virtually here, because I have all you in the collective & I'm not on FB or Twitter etc. !

This may sound crazy but I get an eminence amount of satisfaction out of coming here reading, thinking about different perspectives & helping people I never for the most part met and plus I get to clown around with everyone at same time being the asshole I am.

I hate you all inverse~!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes Uwe, Da Tow'd, Bruce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/gen...-after-touareg

Guess what? There’ll never be another V8 Volkswagen after this Touareg

The French said it could take as much as 15 seconds off from the current record.
    https://www.motor1.com/news/308747/p...vw-pikes-peak/

Post Thanks / Like
    https://youtu.be/Y9MCYdh-ngY

Interesting angle.....

9. Likes Bruce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/gen...-after-touareg
    Guess what? There’ll never be another V8 Volkswagen after this Touareg
    I would buy one if it was available here.

Talk is cheap.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Post Thanks / Like
    What does this say or do?

https://www.ecowatch.com/epa-vehicle...36560.amp.html

EPA Report: Vehicle C02 Emissions Are at a Record Low

Post Thanks / Like
    I would buy one if it was available here.
    Me 3........

Post Thanks / Like
    Another submarine Mr. President
    https://electrek.co/2019/03/10/tesla...celerated/amp/

Tesla crashes into river, owner claims it accelerated on its own

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    https://electrek.co/2019/03/10/tesla...celerated/amp/
    Tesla crashes into river, owner claims it accelerated on its own
    Where have I heard this kinda story before?

Could it have been on 60 Minutes, in 1986?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny