Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should we stock up on ribbed belts........

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-hybrid-system
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Should we stock up on ribbed belts........
    https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-hybrid-system
    Thanks Obama! (The absurd fuel mileage standard here in the US, and CO2 emissions standards in the EU are what's driving this).

The story seems a bit short on details.

First, I'm scratching my head wondering how a belt and tensioner setup that looks like this can possibly transmit power in both directions?

And secondly, they make no mention regarding what type of "48V" battery they are using. Lead-acid? Li-Ion? LiFePO?
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The story seems a bit short on details.

First, I'm scratching my head wondering how a belt and tensioner setup that looks like this can possibly transmit power in both directions?

And secondly, they make no mention regarding what type of "48V" battery they are using. Lead-acid? Li-Ion? LiFePO?
    Uwe....Agreed on the belt and battery..............

Thanks Obama! (The absurd fuel mileage standard here in the US, and CO2 emissions standards in the EU are what's driving this).

Nope respectfully disagree!

Would it really be so hard adding a few more CATS and getting rid of all the other stuff like EGR and other stupid PCV shit, that doesn't work for its unobtainable stated useful life causing vicarious AECD or engine failure?

People have no issues paying if they think it is really doing something, why not make it actually do something for MPG and proper GHG reduction?

I mean seriously....... we are still putting hoses from ass to mouth here or intakes pissing in sumps to blow the fuckin seals on boost or fuel pumps attached to internals to weep in sump...WTF!

How about some good engineering judgment used & not just affirmed to on some bullshit toilet paper & non comporting disingenuous document?

What is needed at CARB/NHTSA and EPA is actual money & more qualified staff!

I'm scratching my head here ......?

Considering your business model in fact employs all these families & to put food on the table & by means of an OBD2 device, I would think your opinion would be the inverse on some of these matters?

I believe you will come around though ........ I know you are reasonable, open minded & with a good heart and work ethic!

We have all been fed a line of bullshit & I think everyone on all sides is fed up with it!

I mean seriously ...........OEM's just lie on piece of paper and say it is so and they get their COC STAMP, effectively they are self regulated and they wrote the rules to achieve and with posted opposition before commencing with a final rule.

Have you ever spoke up at a State or Federal rule making hearing, being you are in this industry with a concern and argue the point on your beliefs on any CAA stuff?

Okay I'll go stand in the corner now and cry........
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    The case of where the pudding pop couldn't be kept in his pants....

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...rial/23421256/

Sounds like a case for the Hardly Boys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!

The diesel TDI is "rolling back" .......will it come to USA?

https://www.motor1.com/news/240543/v...gine-revealed/

Are you sure this time please do this saying in German?

VW emphasizes the main difference between the new four-cylinder diesel and the older TDI units is represented by the “extremely low emissions in all driving cycles".

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    “The statute requires EPA to set limits on carbon pollution from existing power plants, yet the agency is proposing to repeal the Clean Power Plan without replacing it with any alternative rule, much less a substitute that requires equivalent or greater pollution reductions,” they wrote.
    They're lying. There is no "statute". A "statute" would be an actual law, passed by Congress, and either signed by a President, or passed into law by a veto override. The "Clean Power Plan" is nothing more than regulations promulgated by the previous administration:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_Power_Plan

Well, regulations that are created by one administration can be removed by another. If Congress doesn't like this, they could pass an actual law ("statute"), but they know they don't have the votes to do so, and they certainly don't have the votes to override a veto by Mr. Trump. So instead, they're gonna play games in court.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, regulations that are created by one administration can be removed by another. If Congress doesn't like this, they could pass an actual law ("statute"), but they know they don't have the votes to do so, and they certainly don't have the votes to override a veto by Mr. Trump. So instead, they're gonna play games in court.
    Agreed which is why people have to argue it when posted for opposition and why EO's should have limits that time out much faster.

Post Thanks / Like
    https://docs.house.gov/meetings/if/i...4-20170913.pdf
    Yeah!

Finally, we have H.R. 350, the “Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act of 2017.”Automobile racing’s history is as long as the car itself. And, amateur racing continues to bea popular past time. No one wants to end this activity. There is a big difference betweenracing on a track – whether as a professional or an amateur – and daily driving on publicroadways. The devices marketed and installed on a vehicle to improve its performance as aracing car are defeat devices – they undermine emission control systems and result in morepollution. Daily driving of such a vehicle pumps significantly more pollutants into the air.EPA just fined Volkswagen for using defeat devices.If someone installs these devices on a vehicle, that vehicle should no longer be driven onpublic roads. It is now a race car. And, it should only be raced on a track. H.R. 350 createsa loophole in the Clean Air Act that is much too broad to ensure that these devices will onlyend up in race cars. I oppose it in its current form. This may be something we can work ongoing forward, but I cannot support a bill that facilitates emissions cheating. Again, I do not accept that we have to compromise the public’s health to have a healthyeconomy. These bills make that trade. They undermine the public health protections withinthe Clean Air Act. I think we can and should do much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    While I agree that such a car should not be operated on public roads, not allowing conversion of a car that was once street legal to a dedicated race car goes too damn far, and that's exactly what the EPA was proposing to do.

13. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post