EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I'm not Jack, but I would say that's at least ten years out, probably 20.

-Uwe-

Uwe: I've never seen both you and Jack in the same room together - so thanks for dispelling my niggling doubts about you each being the other's alter-ego!!! Only kidding - in truth, I've not seen either of you!;)

Thanks also for your thoughts - it helps add another piece of data to my mental meanderings about the pay-back period for investing in new cars (paradigm shifts like solving the battery problems play havoc with my risk management decisons) !

Don

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Wow! 0.79 EUR / kWh !?!?! What a deal that is -- for Ionity!

FWIW, my electricity bills here work out to about $0.15 / kWh.

In the UK, where we always claim our utility bills are too high(!), I'm paying £0.19 / kWh ($0.25 / kWh).

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/01/18...nts-to-turn-your-hand-into-a-credit-card.html

How much you wanna bet that someone loses their hand due to credit card theft if they do this?

Amazon reportedly wants to turn your hand into a credit card

Reckless?

Hop skip and a jump what do you know?
Will history repeat itself?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/311136/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/04/fingerprint_merc_chop/

Do you think the guy that tries reads this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.en...inger-cant-be-used-to-unlock-the-touch-id-se/

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back ion the early 1990's I was fortunate enough to be allowed to drive a prototype Ford Fiesta fitted with an Orbital 2-stroke; the torque from such a tiny engine was amazing, you could start from standstill in any gear with no hint of stalling.
I'm a bit surprised that two-stroke engines haven't made more of a come-back. With direct injection, the problem of blowing un-burned fuel out of the exhaust (which is what caused most of their inefficiency and excessive emissions) should be solvable.

-Uwe-

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Love 2 strokes!
Me too!!! I've had 2 Daihatsu Max 360's:

26895842018_79d45560e0_b.jpg

360cc, 33PS and 510 kg (1100lbs?). Freakin fun to drive and surprisingly fast. Tiny. Like you wouldn't believe tiny. Made the old Austin Mini look obese.

Back ion the early 1990's I was fortunate enough to be allowed to drive a prototype Ford Fiesta fitted with an Orbital 2-stroke; the torque from such a tiny engine was amazing, you could start from standstill in any gear with no hint of stalling.

I didn't get to drive it (I was 9 or 100!), but Dad took me to a Mercury Marine international conference in Australia, and they had a BMW 320i with a 2.0 6 cylinder orbital 2 stroke. It was part of Mercury's development of their direct injection 2 strokes at the time. Sounded awesome.

I'm a bit surprised that two-stroke engines haven't made more of a come-back. With direct injection, the problem of blowing un-burned fuel out of the exhaust (which is what caused most of their inefficiency and excessive emissions) should be solvable.

I have wondered this too. I suspect it comes from the loss of "valve" timing... but what's to stop a poppet valve 2 stroke with supercharger and an oil pressure fed bottome end? Basically a modern 4 stroke without the wasted strokes ;) You can adjust EGR with valve timing, have 2x the power strokes, direct injection to reduce the hydrocarbons, supercharger cylinder purge and still sound awesome :D

Plus the aftermarket crowd would have some fun with the open exhaust ports, supercharger-purging flow and opening the injectors late then an extra spark... You could probably blow the exhaust clean off!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1118811

At tense Virginia rally, gun rights activists vow their fight is just getting started

Get ready to rumble?
I certainly hope it never comes to that, but if it does, things will certainly get unpredictable. Did you know there were county sheriffs at that rally supporting the Second Amendment?

f51XQBW.jpg

And take a look at how many counties, cities, and towns in Virginia have declared themselves "Second Amendment Sanctuaries":

ldAN1V5.png

-Uwe-

Back