Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Truth in shit engineering for FOD wins and goes up in flames?

Pardon me I'm venting.......

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/a...sed-fire-risk/

Audi recalls almost 2,000 R8 supercars for increased fire risk

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autonews.com/article/20181015/COPY01/310159968/porsche-cfo-envisions-a-vw-super-group-that-could-top-ferrari

Porsche CFO envisions a VW 'super group' that could top Ferrari

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    http://www.autonews.com/article/20181015/COPY01/310159968/porsche-cfo-envisions-a-vw-super-group-that-could-top-ferrari

Porsche CFO envisions a VW 'super group' that could top Ferrari

Oh great, go and pursue crazy "multiples" instead of focusing on building good cars and making real profits.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes PetrolDave, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Oh great, go and pursue crazy "multiples" instead of focusing on building good cars and making real profits.
    Might be helpful if VAG was a company of engineers instead of a company of accountants. DrPeter and I were talking about this earlier today... we'd gladly pay an extra $200 on a new car with good parts instead of the car full of "4 cents cheaper" parts that fail.... glued on rear seals... plastic guides for window regulators... rubber hoses instead of metal tubes close to turbos...

Accountants ruin cars.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    Accountants ruin cars.
    I cannot argue with that.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like

Something tells me the accountant will keep coming around with a CEO/CFO and needs the next scene of memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    Accountants ruin cars.
    I well remember being told exactly the same thing when I visited Ford Europe's Technical Centre at Dunton in Essex many years ago - some things never change

9. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe, Sacha35 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Volkswagen’s CEO says the German car industry could end up like Detroit

https://qz.com/1425775/volkswagen-ceo-says-the-german-car-industry-has-only-a-50-precent-chance-of-surviving/

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Volkswagen’s CEO says the German car industry could end up like Detroit

https://qz.com/1425775/volkswagen-ceo-says-the-german-car-industry-has-only-a-50-precent-chance-of-surviving/
    I think he has a point.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...rmany-discount

Volkswagen scrappage scheme - Drivers offered over 7,000 for their old diesel car

https://www.motor1.com/news/272391/v...merger-rumors/

Both VW and Ford have been very clear: any strategic alliance would not involve equity arrangements, including cross ownership stakes.