Page 47 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Now pinch protection for seats coming as a result or due to assholes like this? Poor Kid

Boy, three, 'cried out "Mummy" as he was deliberately crushed to death in rear footwell of Audi after his mother's boyfriend twice reversed electric seat to punish him for being noisy'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...boyfriend.html
    Mum's name is fitting: "Adrian Hoare".
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes NZDubNurd, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
    vcds might have to start learning to speak ford, eh
    Unclear. It did not learn to speak Chrysler in the days of the Routan.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Ford and VW agree alliance to build vans and pickups

Maybe we will get T vans at some point Uwe?
    The van part has me a bit puzzled. VW has their own commercial van, it's called the Crafter. The previous two generations were a partnership with MBZ and their Sprinter, but the current one (as of model year 2017) is all VW. VW's current Crafter is also the most flexible commercial van on the market; it's available in FWD, RWD, or AWD. So why do they need or want Ford for a large van?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post

vcds might have to start learning to speak ford, eh
    Probably just have to talk slower, and repeat itself a few times. Maybe write notes, in crayon.
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

6. Likes Uwe, D-Dub, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    The van part has me a bit puzzled. VW has their own commercial van, it's called the Crafter. The previous two generations were a partnership with MBZ and their Sprinter, but the current one (as of model year 2017) is all VW. VW's current Crafter is also the most flexible commercial van on the market; it's available in FWD, RWD, or AWD. So why do they need or want Ford for a large van?
    The vehicle manufacturers are in bed with each other all over the world, I see many vehicles branded by name only to have other manufacturers running gear in it, so to be honest in so guise somewhere Ford will already be there probably!!
    Every job is important, even the lowliest, and peoples lives very much depend on us all, so with this in mind, let no man delude himself that his work is more important than that of his colleagues.

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Member View Post
    The vehicle manufacturers are in bed with each other all over the world, I see many vehicles branded by name only to have other manufacturers running gear in it
    So true...examples I personally know of

The Citroen C1, Peugeot 107/108 and Toyota Aygo all use Toyota engines, ECUs and gearboxes but many PSA style mechanicals; the Renault, Vauxhall/Opel (GM) and Nissan vans in Europe are all identical bar the badges and trim details; the Citroen, Peugeot and Fiat vans in Europe are mostly identical (Fiat used to insist on using their own engines though...); et al.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Chrysler in bed with sprinter was not a pretty thing here, actually what initiated company buying a scanner 14 years ago and working on our own stuff.

Gas orientated mechanic working on diesels, the Cummins in the Dodge not much better.

As long as Ford does not stick a 5.4 triton in inanything we will be okay.

STITCHB

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    I can think of a better "solution".

Poor kid, alright. That should never happen, ever.
    Thought of Petrol Dave when I seen it was in the UK, thought only savages like that lived here, guess they are everywhere.

Seen his picture in the article, what's with the black rings around the eyes? Had a druggy here at work had them, meth, coke but indicative of somthing, nut jobs all over the planet.

LARIMORE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Manton View Post
    Yeah Chrysler in bed with sprinter was not a pretty thing here
    Huh? At the time, Daimler owned Chrysler.

Now Chrysler's "RAM Promaster" van is a thinly disguised Fiat (Chrysler's new owner):
    https://www.ramtrucks.com/ram-promaster.html

For a while, they even offered Fiat's 3.0L I4 diesel, but it seems they no longer do?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad they didn't make this Sciroccoassat!

https://www.motor1.com/news/301334/v...ept-we-forgot/

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

14. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post