Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT'S IN THE MAILBOX or IS IT?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like

IT'S IN THE MAILBOX or IS IT?

So last week we received our first real snow fall over the weekend. It dropped about a foot and a half or better of ice, slush and snow, heavy back breaker snow!

As usual the State DOT plow truck goes down 17K and while directing the snow off the road & to wipe out all the mail boxes on the State highway.

That's it!, time to put a stop to this shit!
    I'm going to build a mailbox that comports with DOT and US MAIL that evades this bullshit!

I'm not building some stupid spinner either.

He he he he Super Mail box is coming transformed from piles of scrap metal & with Motorsport's innovation spirit!
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Pictures will be required!

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures will be required!

-Uwe-

No worries I will, just thinking out-loud.

I stood a 4 inch x 3.5 feet scrap stainless steel exhaust pipe in shop on floor today, it was from Arts old Dodge Diesel.

It's still in my head and the base will have to include another cross drilled rotor I imagine of some sort & to weld or bolt that pipe too, some hinges and some trick self contained auto timed hydraulic shocks.

Was thinking a spring but I don't want to see it moving around when wind blows like the spinners as a make shift weather station/vane or the Jesus Christ action figure weeble wobble on a dashboard!

Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay...... this thing will be on ground outside, so I think a used, like new VAG Passat 3.6 pizza pie rotor is warranted & no one would see the cross drilled one anyway.

Just look at what that road brine shit did in one year!

It rained the last 3 days and has melted much of the snow, so now it's time to act!

Assembling parts in my head and searching the garbage!

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Just look at what that road brine shit did in one year!
    Cheap steel, with a cheap finish on it.

The SS exhaust pipe will likely hold up much better. But I'm not sure about the bare rotor. You should see what the salt spray coming off the ocean does to rotors down at my place in FL.

You're gonna fill that exhaust pipe with some concrete, right?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're gonna fill that exhaust pipe with some concrete, right?

-Uwe-
    I want too..... oh I do, but I'm not going too.

I'm thinking of taking my Hilti and driving ground rods down but pre threaded on ends to bolt rotor to ground.

When I'm done this thing is going to "duck and cover" like a nuke drill from the 50's and raise its middle finger at the snow plow, than stand back up in defiance!

Post Thanks / Like
    CAT DELETE PIPE CONFISCATION THAT'S IT!

12. Likes Uwe, Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    THIS IS A MOCK UP I'M PROBABLY GOING TO WELD IT ON.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Jack: I'm genuinely impressed with the sheer magnificence and the beauty of the finished product and I do appreciate the essential build principal in your interesting design (i.e. being, too much steel is never enough )

And I do like the added hinge - which I assume is your cunning snowplow solution. Do you plan to export these (before global warming makes snow a historical curiosity)?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

15. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Jack: I'm genuinely impressed with the sheer magnificence and the beauty of the finished product and I do appreciate the essential build principal in your interesting design (i.e. being, too much steel is never enough )

And I do like the added hinge - which I assume is your cunning snowplow solution. Do you plan to export these (before global warming makes snow a historical curiosity)?

Don
    FAR FROM DONE!

It's just an idea and I have to do something before Antarctica becomes green, meanwhile in the process, the snow will be all the more slushy and heavier!

17. Likes DV52, PetrolDave liked this post