Page 109 of 115 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1142

Thread: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I'm not Jack, but I would say that's at least ten years out, probably 20.

-Uwe-
    Uwe: I've never seen both you and Jack in the same room together - so thanks for dispelling my niggling doubts about you each being the other's alter-ego!!! Only kidding - in truth, I've not seen either of you!

Thanks also for your thoughts - it helps add another piece of data to my mental meanderings about the pay-back period for investing in new cars (paradigm shifts like solving the battery problems play havoc with my risk management decisons) !

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

3. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! 0.79 EUR / kWh !?!?! What a deal that is -- for Ionity!

FWIW, my electricity bills here work out to about $0.15 / kWh.
    In the UK, where we always claim our utility bills are too high(!), I'm paying 0.19 / kWh ($0.25 / kWh).

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/01/18/...edit-card.html

How much you wanna bet that someone loses their hand due to credit card theft if they do this?

Amazon reportedly wants to turn your hand into a credit card

Reckless?

Hop skip and a jump what do you know?
    Will history repeat itself?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/311136/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/0...int_merc_chop/

Do you think the guy that tries reads this?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eng...e-touch-id-se/
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 01-19-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN1ZG1IL

Didn't I hear this someplace before, was it Toyota or maybe Audi in the 80's?

Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes PetrolDave, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Back ion the early 1990's I was fortunate enough to be allowed to drive a prototype Ford Fiesta fitted with an Orbital 2-stroke; the torque from such a tiny engine was amazing, you could start from standstill in any gear with no hint of stalling.

10. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Back ion the early 1990's I was fortunate enough to be allowed to drive a prototype Ford Fiesta fitted with an Orbital 2-stroke; the torque from such a tiny engine was amazing, you could start from standstill in any gear with no hint of stalling.
    I'm a bit surprised that two-stroke engines haven't made more of a come-back. With direct injection, the problem of blowing un-burned fuel out of the exhaust (which is what caused most of their inefficiency and excessive emissions) should be solvable.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Love 2 strokes!
    Me too!!! I've had 2 Daihatsu Max 360's:

360cc, 33PS and 510 kg (1100lbs?). Freakin fun to drive and surprisingly fast. Tiny. Like you wouldn't believe tiny. Made the old Austin Mini look obese.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    I didn't get to drive it (I was 9 or 100!), but Dad took me to a Mercury Marine international conference in Australia, and they had a BMW 320i with a 2.0 6 cylinder orbital 2 stroke. It was part of Mercury's development of their direct injection 2 strokes at the time. Sounded awesome.

I'm a bit surprised that two-stroke engines haven't made more of a come-back. With direct injection, the problem of blowing un-burned fuel out of the exhaust (which is what caused most of their inefficiency and excessive emissions) should be solvable.
    I have wondered this too. I suspect it comes from the loss of "valve" timing... but what's to stop a poppet valve 2 stroke with supercharger and an oil pressure fed bottome end? Basically a modern 4 stroke without the wasted strokes You can adjust EGR with valve timing, have 2x the power strokes, direct injection to reduce the hydrocarbons, supercharger cylinder purge and still sound awesome

Plus the aftermarket crowd would have some fun with the open exhaust ports, supercharger-purging flow and opening the injectors late then an extra spark... You could probably blow the exhaust clean off!
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

Post Thanks / Like
    And so they should.....
    Frontier, an ISP in 29 states, plans to file for bankruptcy

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...kruptcy/?amp=1