EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I drilled holes at top mid and bottom, total 6 holes on lights.
I have seen the lithium batteries go one time in a Bosch lithium ion hammer drill I love & in the charger.
I can tell you drill or batteries were all in like beautiful condition and never dropped.
I have a set of Makita mini's with led lit impacts and so far been great for tight spots but I'm still concerned with where I use them around potential flammable areas.

Turns out the oem Bosch charger failed and destroyed the battery and it was pretty spectacular and the smell was horrible. I had to go outside with Sonny for a half hour with doors open and lawn chair to let my AC out into the summer air.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
There were 3.95 million vehicles on dealership lots at the end of January, a 4% increase from December and up nearly 3% from the prior-year January, according to WardsAuto

The more you know right?

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Hey I know I guy that fucked with that stuff........... :rolleyes:

[SIZE=+1][FONT=&quot]Dual fuel combustion engine with feedback control of combustion and corresponding method
[/FONT]
[/SIZE]
[FONT=&quot]Feedback control of combustion in a gas diesel dual-fuel engine (20), based on the measured cylinder pressure, has been invented. The center of combustion and pressure rise rate is controlled by manipulating the start of diesel injection and duration of diesel injection. Measurements of transient engine operation show, that the proposed controller is able to control the center of combustion and the maximum pressure rise rate. The influence of changing intake manifold pressure, changing exhaust gas recirculation rate and changing air-fuel ratio can be compensated by the controller (10). Steady state measurements show that the gas diesel dual fuel engine reaches efficiencies around 40% with stoichiometric air-fuel ratio and diesel ratios below 5%. The results have been obtained on a slightly modified production type common-rail diesel engine with four cylinders and a displacement volume of 2 liters.[/FONT]

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...s1=volkswagen&p=3&OS=volkswagen&RS=volkswagen

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I remember seeing a flexible fuel engine running in engine test chambers at an automotive consultancy back in 1992 - that could run off anything from paraffin through kerosene, gasoline and ethanol diesel. Never made it out of research though as no car manufacturers were interested back then.

Like so many things we were working on then, they were 20+ years ahead of their time and stayed great ideas which never made production :banghead:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Well, when I work on stuff like this or even bring it up for last 30 years, people never really seemed interested in it and only focus on maybe the bullshit aftermarket hardware or chip tuning crap & that really only circumvented an AECD in spirit of using Motorsports to do it.
Gas running CF engines produce eminence amounts of power with significant lower SMOG numbers & additional MPG.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Gas running CF engines produce eminence amounts of power with significant lower SMOG numbers & additional MPG.
That is SOOO true :thumbs:

In the early 1980's before cats became compulsory in the UK one manufacturer made a special model with a very high compression lean burn gasoline engine that produced lower emissions and gave significantly higher MPG than any other model in the same range - my brother owned one! We worked at the same company and alternated daily who drove, he filled up his car about half as many times as I did - yes my car was from the same range and had the same size engine and fuel tank.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Stick in picture............

[h=1]2020 Volkswagen GTI Cup Will Be Faster Than Today's Golf R[/h]
https://carbuzz.com/news/2020-volkswagen-gti-cup-will-be-faster-than-today-s-golf-r

545484.jpg

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
As well as a manual hand-brake lever. That's a NAR Mk.7 GTI...

-Uwe-

Indeed a plus, because that electric e-brake shit don't fly with me for one second.
NHTSA should outlaw it!
I just don't see how it could be called an emergency brake if power happened to go out, it sure don't work at all times hot when queried and it should!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Indeed a plus, because that electric e-brake shit don't fly with me for one second.
NHTSA should outlaw it!
I just don't see how it could be called an emergency brake if power happened to go out, it sure don't work at all times hot when queried and it should!
Seems to me that the chances of losing the hydraulic service brakes and all electrical power at the same time are minuscule enough that this isn't particularly risky in the real world.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yeah well when they hang up and catch on fire while taking out the hydraulics on a mountain road or getting stuck in parking lot or home driveway could be interesting one day huh?

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
I just don't see how it could be called an emergency brake

I mostly agree about the electric control, however, in my car it is not called an emergency brake - it is called a parking brake. I have no clue if it would be of any use in an actual emergency. Perhaps this is intentional. It appears to be quite binary - either on or off with no real control.

Have Fun!

Don

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
I don't see the point of th electric parking brake. I won't be buying a car with one any time soon...

...people need to focus MORE on driving, not less!

DneprDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=346555
The electric parking brake won't operate on my car unless the transmission is in Park. By no stretch of the imagination could it be called an emergency brake.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The electric parking brake won't operate on my car unless the transmission is in Park. By no stretch of the imagination could it be called an emergency brake.
Huh? Have you actually tried it when the vehicle speed is higher than zero?

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
^^^ Is that a new avatar request? :D

Back