EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

dafrazi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=173774
Was that the story about how Audi 5000's preferred to sleep in the backyard rather than in their garages?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Where have I heard this kinda story before?

Could it have been on 60 Minutes, in 1986?

-Uwe-

20/20 I believe and 60 minutes were cited for a fake news article and someone was sued, no.... I have to go look at the old internal binder announcements that came over satellite OTIS and teletype?

I am almost sure I still have the original communication from VAG back then internally disseminated & archived someplace in my personal library.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

KDF?

Volkswagen boss apologises for Nazi gaffe

Herbert Diess used the line "Ebit macht frei" at a company event on Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47566898

SoftHardtofindKillerwhale-size_restricted.gif

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...7ffafa-4824-11e9-90f0-0ccfeec87a61_story.html

Md. bill would make it easier for child sexual abuse victims to sue Catholic Church

Jack: Certainly a positive step forward - Australia has already passed similar laws !! However, notwithstanding the benefits of the legislation (the irony is that the catholic church's extreme wealth is at odds with the "poverty" mantra of its clergy), this is dealing with the "effect", rather than the "cause" of the problem.

I believe that there are 2 x basic tenets that need to be abandoned in the catholic church albeit I don't think that this will happen any time soon:

1. the first is the unnatural and totally unachievable requirement for clergy to be chaste. I'm not saying that of itself, chastity is a contributor to child abuse - but the lie that is perpetrated by the Catholic church that sex doesn't happen behind the Vatican walls (or behind any church walls in the rest of the world) is palpable nonsense and it underpins the ease with which the lie is extended to deny child abuse by the church!
  2. the second is the principle of "In persona Christi". This is where priests act "as Christ and as God" in sacramental rites. I've no doubt that (in part) this mantra forms an important part of the authority of priests in ALL their dealings with the lay community. And IMO, I suspect that it underpins abuser's belief that somehow they are separate from everyone else -and therefore they are not subject to the norms that control the rest of us humans.

But I suggest that you don't hold your breath for change to happen in the Vatican. Again IMO, the only good thing to come out of the repeated stories of child abuse in the Catholic church is the opportunity for the believers to ask themselves whether they wish to continue to support an institution that reacts in the manner that it does!! If these things happened in a commercial business - that business would be bankrupt by now because customers would not support the enterprise.

For clarity, I acknowledge that these are entirely my views and in expressing my views, I don't intend any offense to Catholics. I was a Catholic in youth - now I'm a born again agnostic, but I respect the right of ALL to choose their faith (or their right to choose no faith)

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score