EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
VCDS Distributor
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524

Our local representative.

Madduhlinedean.jpg

Also our local representative.

Her opponent: https://ballotpedia.org/Kathy_Barnette

Thinking we need to lead by example in our expansion of minority representation for the house of representative here in PA-04! (Yes this is real)

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
"Cancel Culture" Comes for Audi After RS 4 Avant Twitter Ad, Audi Apologizes
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...avant-twitter-ad-audi-apologizes-146883.html#

Saved for posterity:

4Ky2UIj.jpg

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It's being reported that the initial fire caused 2,750 TONS of Ammonium Nitrate which had been (unsafely) stored in a warehouse for several years to explode - hence the huge size of the explosion.
Yup:

jP73yMd.jpg

What could possibly go wrong? :facepalm:

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Lots of pictures I haven't seen elsewhere here:
https://apnews.com/4475998de078a93bbe91b7ac9d43ada2

Observations:
* There's nothing but a crater full of water where the warehouse used to be.
* I'm amazed that the bank of grain elevators next to it is (mostly) standing.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Are you only chauffeur driven nowadays? ;)
No. In fact about 99% of the time when traveling by car, I'm the one doing the driving because Linda doesn't like to drive, and I prefer to drive rather than riding as a passenger.

The operative word was "used". Since shortly after starting Ross-Tech, it has been necessary to have access to the the latest cars, which means buying (or at least leasing) them brand new, the moment a new generation becomes available here. Hence we had one of the first B6 Audis in the US, one of the first Touaregs, one of the first C6 A6s, one of the first C7 A6s, etc...

The trouble is, we hardly ever get rid of them. We currently have nine cars; the oldest being a 2001 T4 (which still serves as the company truck because the T5 and newer were never brought to the NAR market), to a 2019 A6 (which is a lease).

Maybe I should look at it as only seven cars, since the 2005 A6 has been my daughter Katie's for many years, and the 2006 A3 has been my son Mike's for quite some time. But technically both of them are still registered in my or Linda's name since it's cheaper to keep them all on one insurance policy than to sell those two cars to the kids for $1.00 each and have them get their own insurance policies. It also means there's never an insurance question if they drive one of our other cars.

-Uwe-

Fred's Imports

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=16454
Well it's a mighty good thing you folks don't make BMW software because you'd need like 90 cars in your fleet!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Well it's a mighty good thing you folks don't make BMW software because you'd need like 90 cars in your fleet!
Yeah, we looked at that early on (2002-2005) but eventually decided against it 'cause it would spread us too thinly.

-Uwe-

Back